3. "A New Teammate"

Under the night sky with no stars, Sarada jumped from one tree to another, careful to keep her sharingan activated.

Her eyes darted in every ditection, in hope to find a clue of Boruto's whereabouts. It didn't catch her by surprise that there was no chakra around to be found.

She had planned to keep searching the whole night, but due to her stomach growling, she decided to take a rest.

She landed on the ground and gathered some woods. Setting the barrier around, so the enemy doesn't find her due to the fire smoke she lit, she pulled out a sheet from her side bag.

The bag was given to her by Sumire. It was small and had a scale marked on it. Even though it was tiny, it could fit much inside it. The scale showed its limit. Sarada was shocked by this invention of Sumire's, it could fit so much inside!

She unwrapped the box that Sumire gave her and opened its lid. Shocked to see the delicious looking meal inside it, she started to eat it.

The flavor of the meat melted inside her mouth. The spices sent some kind of thorns to her throat. Sumire knew what kind of meat Sarada liked to eat.

When the meat was finished, Sarada ate the salad in the box. She was grateful to Sumire for not adding any tomatoes.

She put the box back in her bag after eating and made herself comfortable in the blanket. She was careful to not to let her guard down.

Thinking about Sakura, Saki, Sasuke, Sumire, The village and Boruto, she closed her eyes.

"Sarada," Sarada looked around to find Boruto looking at her. He smiled warmly and stood so close that Sarada's breath hitched.

"Bo-Boruto...?" She asked, making sure it was really him.

"I've been waiting for you," Sarada's hear thumped loud in her chest at the change of his tone. It wasn't anything like he actually sounded.

Behind him, she could see Sasuke, pierced with his own Kanta. Her eyes widened. "He's dead," Boruto spoke making Sarada's eyes jolt back to his.

No...

His eyes were not blue. Instead, they were a terrifying shade of red. His grin soon joined his eyes as it reached his ears.

He was not Boruto.

Sarada jolted her eyes open to find herself tied to a tree. Her forehead was full of sweat.

She snapped her head towards the snicker that came from her right. There stood Code smirking at her with his red eyes shinging with mischief.

"So you're finally awake, Uchiha," He spoke. "Sure you sleep so soundly," He added and moved to her front.

"You sure never get tired of getting your ass kicked, do you?" Sarada spat as she glared daggers at him.

"You have a sharp tongue there, Uchiha," He lifted her chin and his smirk grew wider. "I was about to head to the leaf village so Boruto could come again-"

"And you could get your ass kicked again,"

"-But thankfully, I found you here. Asleep. I hope I can hear your pretty scream this time,"

Sarada's eyes changed into the mangekyo sharingan as she ripped the ropes that held her back. "Do not underestimate me, Perv!" She barked and threw her fist at him.

Not letting the shock come to her face when her caught her fist, she threw her second fist on the ground, making it rumble.

Code jumped back and disappeared into the dust that rose from the ground. Sarada stayed on her guard and carefully tried to hear his movements.