V. Zamoras chapter

Boston, Massachusetts

the next day.

        Zamora stayed in her room the entire night, and the next morning. She cried as soon as she got into her room, not because of how the date turned out but because she knew no matter what she did, she would still look at the messages between her and Jalen and the way he smiled and they snapped a picture together. For her, the experience was surreal.

knock

"Mora baby, it's me and Sammy. We're so worried, can we come in." Zamora opened the door, sluggishly and both friends walked into their best friend's room. Sammy had a frown, and Georgia looked at her friend with lost hope in her eyes.

Zamora sat back down on her bed, and brought the covers up to her chest. "I liked him guys, it sucks how he's a damn football player and my brother is Jayson Tatum. He was perfect. Everything about him was perfect and now I can't have him."

"Mora, you will meet so many other people in this lifetime. You will find the guy who's perfect for you, he lied to you about who he was. The only reason me and Sammy forgot who he was is because by the time we met him we were already two and a half drinks in. You don't deserve to be with someone who lies about who they are. And it's not your fault every guy you meet is afraid of Jayson Tatum, they just need to be man enough to stand up to him whether they're in the same friend group or not." Samantha clarified. Georgia nodded in agreement, and all three girls hugged.

The previous night, both girls were excited for Zamora. They had went out for drinks with both the guys they met, but once they found out who Jalen was and how his friends knew exactly who Jalen was. They put Zamora first before them, and the trio basically put their friendship before anything. Samantha knew if she dated the guy, Zamora would see Jalen. If Georgia went out with the guy she also met, then Zamora would have to be dragged to the events. They could never do that to her.

"You guys are right, I don't know why I thought we could be something. You know I'm so damn naive, but it's okay I have other things to worry about, I have work tomorrow morning and have to get ready for the week." Of course, she was thinking about Jalen. But she knew work would give her an excuse to be distracted and not have to worry about him.

Sammy sighed, and hugged her best friend tighter. "I'm going back home, and peach has a shoot in New York will you be okay?" Zamora sent a hopeful smile, and hugged them goodbye.

Georgia was always traveling back and forth with her job, so it was obvious that she would be busy. Samantha had a job, she had a life outside of Zamoras little bubble, so she had to go home too. She knew once she was left alone, being in her own thoughts and thinking maybe telling Jalen so fast that Jayson was her brother.

"I'll be back in a week. I got a call early this morning, but when I get back we're gonna have a girls sleepover." Zamoras hair was still in a messy ponytail, but it didn't bother her. Her sweater still smelled like him, everything she tried doing to possibly forget about him never happened.

Once Georgia and Samantha left, Zamora turned on the tv and just laid in bed. Jayson was busy with workouts, everybody she knew was gone. Being left alone in her thoughts didn't scare her, but it just made her wonder if anything else could've been different.