Ch 20 Regret

As the water cascaded during his shower, the memories of the heinous acts committed the previous night with that girl replayed relentlessly in his mind. Ahil, grappling with a profound sense of guilt, questioned how he could have engaged in such cruelty when he was not someone who inflicted pain on others. The realization hit him hard, and it seemed to Ahil that the pain he was experiencing in this moment surpassed even the anguish felt by Hiya.

After bathing, when he came out, he noticed his shirt lying on the floor and his brows creased up. Looking up, he saw Hiya covering herself with the dupatta. At that moment, Ahil had a white towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping from his damp brown hair. Heading towards the changing room, he said to Hiya, "Freshen up quickly.” But even after he told her, Hiya remained seated, seemingly unaffected. When he came out wearing new decent clothes, he still found her in the same position, sobbing and his brows creased up with dismay.

Seeing her cry, it stinged his heart. He had just been contemplating how to console her when his phone rang. As he reached for his phone on the side table, he noticed her move back and sit in a slightly startled manner. It made him feel ashamed of himself to witness the terror in her eyes for him.

Answering the call, he found his mother urging him to come home quickly. Along with that, she asked, "Have you given her gift after seeing her face?" He replied, "No, I forgot... But I'll give that to her."

When reminded by his mom, he recalled that she had entrusted him with a gift intended for Hiya which he was supposed to give her after lifting her veil. However, the memory of presenting the gift had slipped his mind and something else only happened.

After conversing with his mother, he went to the cupboard and carefully selected a maroon-coloured frock for her of his own choice and liking. After that gathering his courage, he approached Hiya and spoke, "Hiya, my mom called us. And we have to go there in a few hours. There's a party tonight to celebrate the joy of our wedding."

Surprised and a bit hesitant to speak with Ahil, Hiya stared at him in astonishment, her silence tinged with a hint of fear. She couldn't believe that this was the same person who had appeared as a menacing figure in the night.

After a moment of contemplation, she reached for the clothes in his hands. Just as she was about to stand up, Ahil interrupted, bringing a first aid kit from the cupboard. "Wait a second," he said. He approached her, took a seat, and started cleaning the blood on her nose and ears with cotton and a liquid. The sensation caused a stinging feeling, and she grimaced in discomfort, letting out a slight cough.

Upon hearing her soft cries, Ahil swiftly moved to her side, his concern evident in his actions. He gently grabbed her hand, holding it securely in his own, providing both physical and emotional support. With a determined yet gentle touch, he cleaned the blood from her nose and ears, a reassuring expression on his face as he assured her, "It's done."

Having finished the impromptu first aid, Ahil, still avoiding direct eye contact, instructed her to take a bath. Following his guidance, Hiya, wrapped in the same dupatta, attempted to make her way to the bathroom. However, her weakened state became apparent as she staggered while trying to stand. Reacting quickly, Ahil rushed to her side, using his robust hands to steady her and prevent any potential fall. The unspoken connection between them deepened in that moment, marked by Ahil's protective and caring demeanor.

Ahil carefully cradled Hiya in his arms, lifting her with a tenderness that contrasted with the fear and uncertainty that had marked their earlier interactions. He carried her towards the bathroom, his steps steady and deliberate. Upon reaching the bath tub, he gently set her down, ensuring her comfort before indicating towards the bath, saying, "The bathroom has everything available. You just take a bath..."

With those reassuring words, Ahil exited the bathroom, closing the door softly behind him. Left alone in the bathroom, Hiya hesitated for a moment before deciding to start her bath. The sound of running water and the mist escaping the confines of the bathroom created a sense of calm.

As Hiya immersed herself in the soothing water, Ahil sat on the bed, his mind swirling with thoughts. He couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity with Hiya, as if he had encountered her before that fateful night. The image of the frightened girl from the past haunted him, and he questioned whether the person in front of him was truly the same or if he had been unable to erase her from his memory.

The room echoed with the sound of water, creating a backdrop to Ahil's contemplation. The tension in the air hinted at a deeper connection, leaving both Ahil and Hiyaa grappling with unanswered questions and the unspoken complexities of their shared history.
___________
In the maroon-coloured dress, she looked like a newlywed, exuding a charm that captivated the room. Her beautiful, long, black hair cascaded down, framing her face. Her deep, dark eyes were intense and captivating, complemented by thick eyelashes. Without a hint of makeup, she appeared even more radiant and stunning. So much so that Ahil found himself unable to look away for a while, mesmerized by her natural beauty.

He watched her without blinking, taking in every detail, as if trying to etch the image in his memory. The simplicity and purity of her appearance left him in silent admiration, appreciating the enchanting allure she possessed even without the embellishments of cosmetics. And the room seemed to hold its breath, as if acknowledging the undeniable grace radiating from the newlywed bride in her maroon attire.

After her bath, Hiya was feeling fresh to a considerable extent. However, upon seeing Ahil in the room and staring at her, she still felt a shiver down her spine.

___________

Hello Hayatians ❤️

So I have uploaded new part but reviews are not targeted yet... I think there is something wrong in my work it's not your fault guys so just read and go