12) Explanations

Veneer pov

I received a shocked stare from the magenta haired troll in front of me. I couldn't really tell if his feeling was negative or positive based on his expression, which made me anxious.

"I have decided that I'm going to leave behind my life as a mount rageon and start a new life, as a troll...that's what I meant by a new lifestyle..."

The atmosphere was clouded with uncomfortable silence and I hated it.

"I..."

"I-I know, it's ironic and unexpected and...uhm..." I stammered, trying to find the words to explain, "well...that's the reason why I didn't agree with Velvet's idea with using your talent, not only because its VERY wrong, but also because...I hated the idea that I'm going to abuse a kind of my own species just for some talent and selfish content when I don't even need it!" I looked at him and he still had the same expression, which made my hope falter.

"I wanted to tell you this sooner but I just didn't find the right time...I'm sorry I-" "No no, it's- it's fine..." he finally spoke up. His gaze softened and I slowly calmed down, "It's just, I'm confused...how exactly are you half troll?"

"Well, for starters, my grandfather was a troll and my grandmother was a mount rageon." He hummed in response as I continued, "My dad is also a half-troll. Well I don't know if it's really in the genes or if it's magic or if its a curse but he can shape shift into a troll or mount rageon as he wanted, which is what I got from him too."

"He lived with my grandfather as a troll when he was younger, but then he got eaten by a bergen on a trollstice. So he moved in here in Mount Rageous to live as a mount rageon with my grandma and her siblings and grew up here to study dentistry. Then he met my mom, who was his classmate in college, then they had Velvet, then me, then-"

"Wait wait," Floyd interrupted me, I realized that I was talking too fast and I hoped that I didn't confuse him even more..."If it was passed down by genes, then that means Velvet is also a half troll??-" "Nope, she isn't" I chuckled at his assumption, "When my dad met my mom, she was already pregnant with Velvet and the father was her ex, so she's basically my step sister who's older than me by a few months." "Ahh that makes sense...does she already know about this?" "Velvet? Pshh, no! If she ever found out, it would be my worst nightmare..." dread filled me as I mumbled the last part.

"I understand...I did have a feeling that you were somehow related to being a troll" "Huh? How so?" Am I really that bad at hiding secrets? "Well, your parents, for example, especially your dad, know quite know a lot about trolls. And I also saw how cute you were in your baby picture with your dad" "Wait, it was you?!" So that's why my cupboard drawer was pretty messy that time, guess I really wasn't overthinking, "Yeah, uhm, I'm sorry for going through your stuff, I was hungry that time..." "No it's fine, I'm just glad that it wasn't Velvet or Crimp who found it..."

"By the way if you don't mind, can I see what you look like as a troll?" "Sure, I don't mind!"

I closed my eyes as green glittery fog started to cover all over me and I turned into a troll.

I slowly open my eyes, trying to get used to the perspective I haven't been in a very long time. I was a troll with light lavender fur and my used-to-be rubbery textured locks now became soft vibrant green hair tied into a ponytail.

He was now the same size as me.

"Woah...you're beautiful..." he murmured and I could feel my cheeks heat up instantly, "Th-thanks..." gosh, why am I stuttering it's so embarrassing!!

"Can I...touch your hair?..." Floyd hesitated to ask but I nodded as approval. He came closer to me then touched my hair, and to be honest it kinda tickles. "It's so soft and fluffy!"

He was a bit too close but I didn't mind, he was very pretty up close. I looked into his heather eyes, they were so beautiful I could drown in them. I looked at his lips and they looked so kissable, I don't remember my face being inches close to his a second ago but before I could even think I leaned in and sealed the gap between us. I felt that he was surprised but he eventually kissed back. He tasted so sweet like blueberry and candies. It only lasted for a few seconds until he pulled away and I was kinda disappointed, I liked it and I still wanted more...

"I'm feeling kinda sleepy" he yawned while trying to lie down, "ahh, alright, it's starting to get late anyways..." I sighed as I sat back, "We gotta get enough rest because tomorrow, we're gonna leave Mount Rageous and I guess we also have to stop by at the apartment to fetch a few things. I'm so excited because I've actually never been to trolls village! I always heard my dad talking about how it was a community of humongous trees, I suppose it must've been somewhere in the forest. Wait, that's another problem! I don't even know where's trolls village located! Do you know the directions Floyd?"

I waited for a response but all I got was soft snoring. I looked to my side and Floyd was already sleeping, guess he really was that sleepy... I scooted over to him and tucked his bangs behind his ear and gave him a peck on his forehead. I sighed as I turned off the lights and laid down facing him. The moonlight was shining through the window's curtain. I yawned as my eyes slowly closed.

"Goodnight Muffin..."

~

sorry if its kinda shorter than usual I was busy the past 2 days and I rushed this a bit today bc I wanted to upload this before sleeping 😭😭
btw happy (late) valentines guys! <33