5) Feelings

(reupload bc I had a change in the plot hehe sorry for the inconvenience :')

3rd person pov

Floyd watched Veneer as he seemed like he was getting ready to go somewhere, but it was not the type of getting ready for a show or something. "Hey Veneer, uhm, where are you going?" The magenta haired troll curiously asked him, "Oh, uh, I was planning to go on a walk and some fresh air, and maybe get a coffee at Starbucks" Floyd was kinda sad that he's going to be left alone again, but he quickly brushed the feeling off as he hummed in a way that says 'okay', even though he actually didn't know what a 'starbucks' is...

Veneer seemed to notice this, so he had an idea... "Do you wanna join?" He asked the little one, who immediately nodded as he perked up in excitement.

Veneer unscrewed the cap of the diamond prison and let it lay down on his vanity so that the troll could come out, he put back the cover and put it on his cupboard after he did so, then he picked up Floyd and put him on his shoulder. Veneer covered his head with his hoodie, which hid him a bit, along with his hair which was not in its usual quiff style. He then picked up his sling bag and put it over his shoulder, then went out of his room and out of the fancy looking apartment, heading to the elevators, which opened almost immediately when Veneer pressed the button. He went inside and pressed the 'ground floor' button. The elevator started to go down which made Floyd a bit dizzy, he wasn't used to it, but thankfully it didn't take long. The cold air hit their faces when the mount rageon stepped out.

Veneer pov

I started to walk, ignoring the eyes being laid on me and letting the gentle breeze caress my face. There was awkward silence between me and Floyd, I wanted to start a conversation but I didn't know what topic to start on...

Over the past days me and Floyd had been close and talking a lot together. He makes me feel better when I'm sad, especially after Velvet's discriminations and our fights. He gives me inspiration to write songs, and his presence gives me comfort.

Somehow I always think about him all the time, he just won't stop being in my mind...

Whenever he compliments me, I could always feel my face heating up and butterflies in my stomach...

Am I...falling in love?

I have fell in love before, during my high school days. I was closeted because people were homophobic and made fun of some of my schoolmates for being gay. But there was this boy named Dylan, he was the popular kid at school and I had a crush on him when I was in 10th grade. I confessed my love to him and he 'liked' me back. We dated for a few months and our relationship was a secret. I was happy, he made me happy. But then one day I overheard him talking about me to his friends and it seemed like he only dated me because of a bet. I went up to him and slapped him, screaming at him in tears that we were breaking up. I remember locking myself in my room, crying and thinking about all the memories we had together. I thought his feelings were real. I was stupid for even falling for him, he was a walking red flag and I was too blind to see it, I was too overwhelmed to realize it. When I returned to school, all eyes were on me. Everyone was gossiping and making fun of me. They called me names like "fruitcake", "f*ggot" and "boy kisser", it seemed like Dylan outed me out to the whole school. When Velvet heard about it she took matters into her own hands, which got us expelled and we moved to another school for 11th grade. I loved Dylan a lot, but he took advantage of me, and that relationship made me develop trust issues...I was scared of loving again...

But Floyd, he was different. There was something about him that made me trust him, fall for him. He was understanding, and he was the only person who actually truly cared for me.

I looked at the little troll on my shoulder, who seemed to be lost in thoughts too, which was very cute. I looked ahead of me and saw that we were closer to the Starbucks shop that I was planning to drop by. I was going to it but we were interrupted by a few fans that approached us, which made Floyd hide in my hair.

"OH. MY. GOSHHHH!!!!!!" a girl with dark pink hair tied in a low ponytail and baby pink skin squealed, along with her friend that had purple hair with matching light purple skin. I sighed, but smiled shortly after because if I act rude to them they would most likely post about it to the social media, which would ruin our reputation. I turned around and acted surprised, "Hi!" I waved at them, "ITS YOU!!! VENEER!!!! OMGGG!!!!!" I watched as the two girls were squealing and jumping, fangirling over me. "ITS YOU!!! THE VENEER!!!" I nodded, still smiling "AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT I WAS JUST HALLUCINATING, BUT!! BUT!! I LOOKED CLOSER AND ITS ACTUALLY YOU!! I CANT BELIEVE IM ABLE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON EEEEEEEE!!!" The pink one was talking so fast I could only understand like half of it, but I did get the message "CAN WE GET A PICTURE???!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" The purple one said while grabbed my hands, still jumping excitedly. "Sure!-" they instantly whipped out their phone in a blink of an eye and took a picture. After doing so I backed up a bit and brushed off imaginary dust off my clothes. "OMG OMG OMG OMG OUR FRIENDS WILL TOTALLY NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!" they were screaming and I gotta be honest, my ears hurt...

"THANK YOU VENEER I LOVE YOUUUUU EEEEEEEE!!!!" they were giggling while running, finally they left...

I felt Floyd crawling out of my hair, which tickled me. "Those girls made my ears hurt!" He dramatically covered his ears, which made me giggle "what I'm saying!" I chuckled, "oh uh by the way, I'll have to put you in my hoodie pockets because they might see you..." he nodded and I held out my hand for him to step on it then brought it to my pockets so he could come in. When he was comfortable I entered the shop, earning even more eyes on me and some gasps. People took out their phones and started taking pictures, well, I didn't mind them and just minded my own business.

I walked up to the cashier, "hey, can I order a-" I stopped midway as I didn't believe who I just saw. A familiar face looked at me, shocked.

"Veneer?! I-I missed you!!"