Oops.

Automatically, Venom masked my face as an attempt to hide from Mark, both of us feeling irresponsibly ashamed for getting caught.

"Dude, you have got to start going to your lectures..." Mark paused awkwardly. "I know, you're probably gonna say that I'm the biggest hypocrite because I did this a lot in Midtown High." His eyes rolled upwards as he made a blah blah gesture with his hands. "But I'm here to warn you. Don't make the same mistake as I did. You'll thank me later."

An unamused expression formed on my face. "What mistake did you exactly make? You literally graduated and almost became the Valedictorian." I unmasked myself again to show him one of my teasing smirks. "And who became the Valedictorian? Yeah, me. You don't have to worry. I'll manage University."

Mark didn't seem convinced about this, but he had to trust me. "Fine~" He heaved.

Everybody took a different path after graduating from Midtown High.

Donghyuck was currently an internship in Oscorp Industries. It was a leading New York firm that specialized in robotics and chemical manufacturing. Mark decided to take a gap year and had a small part-time job as a photographer under The Daily Bugle, a tabloid newspaper. On the other hand, Naomi and I got accepted in NYU to major Molecular Engineering.

Attending NYU had always been my aspiration as I knew it would bring great pride to my parents. It was the ultimate goal I had longed for, and now it became a reality. Despite living this dream, I encountered challenges in focusing on my studies, mainly due to my new alter ego as Venom. While I highly valued my academic pursuits, my dedication to protecting New York City alongside Mark held a greater importance for me. I constantly faced a dilemma, but I always prioritized being Venom above all else.

So, to simplify it, I knew that diverting my attention away from my education would fire back at me someday and I wasn't doing anything about this.

New York City was still perfectly quiet. There was nothing yet to interrupt this tranquil.

Although I loved action, I also loved this: Just being with Mark, even if it meant being in complete silence.

We've been together for half a year now, and in the span of those 6 months, we spent most of our time with each other and nobody else. We knew everything about each other... Well, I actually knew almost everything about him before getting together, and that was all thanks to my wingman, Donghyuck Lee. Nevertheless, I came to understand him in a deeper level.

To get to my point, what I'm trying to say is that I could never get bored and tired of Mark Lee. Never.

Life wouldn't be like this forever, this was temporary, so I had to savor every second.

I stayed perched with a dreamy expression, lost in the beauty of everything, of the sky, the city and the moment spent with the person I loved.

I relished the sensation of the gentle breeze rustling across my skin. However, my trance was broken when I felt a gentle touch against my cheek. I turned my head to see Mark, and my breath caught in my throat as I gazed into his eyes. Mark's fingers brushed against my cheek and proceeded to the side, tucking a hair strand just behind my ear. I felt my heart beat faster and my throat close, all while a warm sense of joy and love washed over me.