Chapter 6

TW: Eating Disorder

Lunch with Inumaki and the others was entertaining to say the least. Everyone was rowdy and laughing and making jokes. It felt almost wrong considering Yuji’s recent passing. But I knew deep down that he wouldn’t want us to sulk around either, so I tried my best to enjoy the company of my new friends.

Despite my best efforts, I found myself unable to eat much. I haven’t been able to eat much since recovering from my injuries. Every time I try the imagery of Sukuna ripping out Yuji’s heart replays through my mind on loop. As a result I lose my appetite and feel sick to my stomach. 

After we all finished our dinner we all walked back to the school together. Once we approached the stairs, our upperclassmen went upstairs to their dorms, and we went down the hall to ours. I bid good night to Nobara before continuing to walk down the hall towards my room alongside Megumi.

Once we reached our dorms, I tried to say good night to megumi and shut my door. 

“Tonight was alot of fun!” I enthused.

“Yeah… It was.” Megumi trailed off.

“Well good night! Sleep we-”

I was trying to shut my door as I spoke but I was cut off my Megumi, jamming his foot in the door. 

“Is something wrong? That had to hurt.” I worried.

“I should be asking you that. You hardly ate tonight.” he said, examining me.

“Yeah, I just wasn’t all that hungry.” I lied. 

In fact I had been starving. I hadn’t eaten anything in four days. 

“It's not just tonight. It's been the past few days. If you don’t eat, all of the training we’ve been doing will be for nothing. You don’t have to tell me what's wrong, but I'm here for you if you want to talk.” 

He looked at me with sympathy. I hated that. I gave a weak nod, and he removed his foot from my door. With that, I shut it and sunk to the floor. I was glad that he cared about me, but I hated that I was dragging the team down by worrying him. 

Groggily, I pulled off my clothes and dragged myself into the shower. I stared at the wall as I let the steaming water run down my body. My body ached from the training and the hunger.

 I hated the small moments of quiet as of late. Before, they were the moments that I looked forward to. Showers, the few minutes before I fell asleep. They were when I could hear myself think. When the quietest of my thoughts could be heard. But now it was like the painful memories were screaming. Screaming in my ear. Shoving all the things I should have done differently down my throat.  I felt myself shudder, then the tears fell. I just stood in the shower and cried, rubbing my eyes like a small child. 

After I washed my hair and body, I stepped out of the shower, almost tripping on the ledge. I lazily wrapped a towel around my body and stumbled out of the bathroom. I picked a random oversized T shirt and pair of loose shorts to put on. 

Sleep hasn't been easy lately either. Everytime I fell asleep, I was haunted by twisted retellings of Yuji’s death, and Sukuna’s threat. Just thinking about it made me gag and want to vomit. Yet again I dozed off only to wake up sweating and crying. Another night without sleep.

The next morning I got up early. It was a Saturday so I didn’t have anything to do. I opted to go for a run, so I simply pulled my hair back, brushed my teeth, and pulled on some tennis shoes before departing. The morning air was fresh, and the scent of the condensation on the grass was refreshing. 

Not wanting to think about anything, I put in both earbuds, and blasted my music on full volume. I did my best to focus on the lyrics. 

My somewhat tranquil moment was put on pause when I zoned out and bumped into someone. I looked up to see none other than the violet eyed beauty himself, Inumaki.