Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ever since I was little, I was destined to be a jujutsu sorcerer. This was an undeniable fact. I was Y/N Itokazu. The eldest full blood child of the Itokazu clan who inherited the clan's technique. 

But I was never mad about not having much choice in it. I had always liked the idea of being able to help people and protect them from the unseen danger that is cursed spirits. In addition, through being a sorcerer I would be able to protect my family.

My family was my world. In a childhood of vigorous training conducted by the elder; my grandfather, my family was a shining light- an oasis among my pain. They were my relief and reason to push through the suffering.

My dad was gentle and kind. He had a surplus of wisdom to impart to me and I always listened eagerly. He was also funny and charismatic. Most people got along with him, much to his dismay as he was an introvert. He would often come home exasperated from long days of socializing with people he didn’t know that well.

My mother was banished from the clan. She had not only cheated on my father but tried to sell information on our technique. I never knew her that well, but even when I did, I could always tell she was lying to me. Making empty promises of a better life for me and my sisters. The last time I had seen her I was ten. That was eight years ago and I have long since forgotten about her.

My stepmother in my eyes, is my true mother. She was the one there for me in my crucial developmental stages. She was kind, charismatic, witty, sarcastic, and stylish. She also had a son around the same age as me. Just a little older.

My older brother, Arakan, was only a year older than me. We had been close ever since my dad married his mom and I wholeheartedly consider him just as much my sibling as the other two.

Then I had my two little sisters. Ever since we were little they clung to me as they too both had the sight. They could see cursed spirits, and I made it my goal to ensure they would never have to be scared. Kanko was four years younger than me, and Misaki was two years younger than me. 

They were the people I thought of when I got off that train from Okinawa and stepped into Tokyo- where my new life as a 1st year Jujutsu sorcerer at the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College. Also known as Jujutsu university. 

As I stepped off the train platform the city's strange smells practically smacked me in the face. It was so busy compared to my small hometown in Okinawa. I wandered around looking for the prearranged meeting place where I would meet up with my new teacher and classmates. I was one of only 4 first year students to go to college.

It wasn’t long before I spotted Gojo, and two people wearing the school's uniform. One had unkempt black hair and a nonchalant attitude, while the other had spiky pink hair with a popsicle in his mouth. 

“Gojo Sensei! It's good to see you again!” I asserted.

“Ah speak of the devil! Itadori, Megumi, meet Y/N Itokazu. Introduce yourselves!” He said enthusiastically.

“Im Yuji Itadori! It's awesome to meet you.” the pink haired one smiled.

“Megumi Fushiguro.” the second one deadpanned. 

“I look forward to learning and growing with you. Thank you in advance.” I said with a slight bow. 

Just then our attention was grabbed by a man in a suit following a pretty young woman, pestering her about a modeling gig. He was promptly cut off by a girl in our uniform with short brown hair, grabbing his shoulder and forcing him to face her.

“Hey you! What about me?” She demanded. “For that modeling gig. Hey, I'm asking what you think about me.” She pressured.

“Oh well I'm in a hurry at the moment.” He gave a half hearted smile and tried to walk away.