Chapter 6

Rain, P'Phayu, P'Pai and Sky are discussing the situation with Stop and Gun being in Thailand. P'Pakin had called earlier to let them know that his men had been tracking the two djinn but had lost them.

"That was probably Win," Sky says. "He has powerful concealing magic."

"P'Pakin is wise to his brother's tricks, he will soon find them again. In the meantime, I think we should all stay here." P'Pai say. "Especially Rain."

P'Phayu agrees with this before Rain can protest.

Of course, Rain will stay here if that's what his master wants, he just wishes there was something he could do to help.

He looks up hopefully when P'Phayu's phone rings. As if reading his thoughts P'Pai asks, "P'Pakin?"

P'Phayu looks at the phone screen and shakes his head. Not P'Pakin with news on Stop and Gun then. Rain can't help but be disappointed. P'Phayu gets up from the table and takes the call in the other room. He is gone for a little while; Rain assumes it's a work problem.

When he comes back, P'Phayu looks pale. Rain starts to feel ice form in his stomach.

"That was Heam that called. Saifah was supposed to meet her after work for dinner but he never showed up. She can't reach him." P'Phayu says.

"Maybe he got busy at the garage." P'Pai suggests.

P'Phayu shakes his head, "When he didn't answer his phone, I called Nui. She said he never showed up at the garage today. She assumed he was sick and had forgotten to text her."

The ice in Rain's stomach solidifies. P'Fah has been missing since at least this morning, maybe even since last night. It can't be a coincidence with Stop and Gun showing up in Bangkok.

"I'll call P'Pakin and let him know." P'Pai says.

Rain stares down at the food on his plate. He has lost his appetite, the feeling must be mutual to all of them because after a few minutes, Sky gets up and starts clearing the table. Rain rushes to help him just to have something to do.

They wait in almost complete silence for hours. Sky and P'Pai try to locate Saifah with their magic while P'Pakin and his men work on trying to find Stop, Gun, or Win.

They all jump when P'Phayu's phone dings with a text message.

Rain leans over so he can see the screen. Although it says the message is from P'Fah, it's obviously someone else using his phone.

The message is simple, "Send the boy away and your brother will be returned to you safe and sound."

Rain's heart fills with sorrow of course P'Phayu won't have a choice but to give into the demands. Rain stands up and goes to look out the window to keep his master from seeing the tears form.

P'Phayu comes and stands behind him, putting his arms around him.

"P'Phayu," Rain says. "You should do what he says."

"Even if that means you have to go back in your bottle?" P'Phayu

Rain nods, "It's the only way. Just wish for me to leave and I'll go back to my bottle. You'll forget me and P'Fah will be safe."

They both stand staring out the window in silence for a few minutes.

"Rain, look at me." P'Phayu says.

Rain turns, tears streaming down his face. P'Phayu reaches up and wipes them away. "Don't cry, please." He says.

Rain takes a breath and nods, P'Phayu is right he needs to be strong now. He is filled with sorrow, but he takes comfort in the fact that P'Phayu would have never sent him away on his own.