〄 Prologue 〄

"Tell me all about it! We're you the strongest!"

"At ease my sweet child. I was as strong as I could be, but unfortunately no one can truly claim the title of strongest, no matter how powerful they are... There will always be someone else out there."

"But Madame Devereaux, I've never met someone stronger than you are!"

"That's because little boys like you are protected by such stronger people, may the archons forbid you ever come across anyone stronger than those who protect Fontaine... Our home is the safest."

"I hope one day I'll be as strong as you to meet such strong enemies so I can slay them just like you do!"

"And may the archons... And myself forbid that from ever happening... Precious soul."

〄〄〄

The wondrous nation of Fontaine was a bliss to all who stepped into such a beautiful country, no matter who or what they were.

During the lively hours of the daytime, vendors of all kinds would open their shops with optimistic smiles, the most gorgeous music would sound out all around the court, humans and robots alike walking around to enjoy themselves in such a stunning place.

Nighttime wasn't much different, though quieter, the sapphire moon would kiss the world below, everything seemingly lighting up like the central fountain that danced endlessly for everyone to be awestruck. The nation was truly magical, and it was never a surprise to see various travellers from all over Teyvat.

Living in such a nation was enjoyable, so much to do, so much to sea. Whether it was swimming within the magical breathing oceans, or visiting the underground of good ol' swing and jazz, there was never a single thing that gave Fontaine a bad reputation.

Ships and boats sat idle in the ocean, bobbing gently a top of the timid tidal waves. Transporting goodies, people and joy. Everything had a purpose, and for a nation so industrialised and modern compared to the rest was indeed a bewilderment to all.

Today was a celebration of such a nation, everything delicately decorated and perfected as many voyaged their way to Fontaine to celebrate. It was the birthday of the Iudex, the Chief Justice of Fontaine who brought peace and safety upon the nation. Though he was a quiet soul, one who never showed his face to the general public all too often, his birthday was a commemorative holiday to all, and was celebrated joyously.

It was also the day he first took post, which was also a celebration in itself, so for those of Fontaine, the festivities were one of the greatest seen across Teyvat.

"How old do you reckon he is? I mean, he's immortal right, so it has to be pretty old."

"Silence yourself. That's insulting towards the Iudex, his age needn't concern you."

Two Fontainians walked side by side through the buzzing streets of the court, descending the grand staircases that stood strong. A female, tall and well mannered, the other being a shorter male who wasn't as disciplined as his superior.

There was a selected time within the holiday where the imperial guard of Fontaine's elite guards would put on a parade, showing the citizens that they were in safe hands of vision holding individuals. It was a showcase of strength, loyalty and devotion to the nation and it's people. Though the imperial guard needn't surpass the royalty of Archons and those alike, their strength was still of security and respect to all.

"How long do we have before the ceremony begins, Madame?"

"Half an hour. Would you like to engross yourself in some of the festivities?"

Commander 〄 Genshin Impactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें