prologue

a/n: the longest prologue i have ever written :<

almost 1k words for a prologue?? ain't no way bro-

🍼✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼🍼

authors pov

09:42 AM. PARIS, FRANCE

"hello class!" caline bustier says, getting the classes attention. she has watched this class grow up from when they were fourteen years old. now, they're seventeen, going off to eighteen. some are leaving paris, some are going off to university and some are doing internships. "as this is your final year, at college, we have decided to make your last year...eventful,"

this lets out murmurs amongst the class room. eventful? more eventful thank ladybug, chat noir and cygnus saving the day, like every single day? yeah, nothing can get more eventful than that. 

"i'm sure some of you have online friends," caline continues. "and if you have any in america. i am sure they have heard of this," caline presses the remote, letting a slide be shown up on the screen. 

"the baby project?" y/n mumbles, looking through her glasses. why? why?

"i have already assigned your partners so don't even think about pairing up with people," caline says, looking around at her class. everyone groans, marinette slumping in seat as alya pats her back. "when i call up you and your partner's name, come up from your seats and you can collect your baby,"

"this is utterly ridiculous!" chloe sashays, flipping her blond hair and pursing her glossed lips. past chloe would have complained and demanded them to change this entire thing. but chloe knows better now. and if she wants to be the mayor of paris, when her father steps down, she needs to do better. 

"first pair, alya and nino!" the couple look at each with smug looks on their faces. are they even surprised? of course, they'd get picked together. when did they not? 

nino gets up, letting alya go infront of him as he walks behind her. they make to the front, caline smiling at the couple.

"you have had twins!" the teacher smiles, getting two robotic babies from the box behind her desk. she hands on to nino and one to alya. the two seventeen year olds look at each other, like they're going to burst out laughing. and they might. dating for three to almost four years never made them think about having kids. ever. but this might just change their minds. "one's a boy, one's a girl. i'm pretty sure you can decipher who is who. you'll get two pacifiers and two ipad which connect towards your babies which can help you log what your baby is doing day to day," caline says to the two before turning to the class. "there's a app which connects me to all your babies! so if your baby isn't feeling good, then i will know you i will make you fail! fair?"

the class all murmurs in agreement. caline is a teacher you'd never want to get on your bad side. but will always want on your good side. 

"all right then, let me continue!"

🍼

"and now we're down to the last four..." caline mutters. she looks out to y/n, adrien, chloe and marinette. 

y/n doesn't care who she's with. she just wants to get that a star. 

adrien also doesn't care who he's with. he hopes that it's all fun and games. 

chloe doesn't mind that much. she'll prefer adrien because she's used to him. but as long as she passes, she doesn't care. 

marinette wants adrien. she wants to be paired up with him. you'd really think she's want to be paired up with anyone else? ha. nope. 

"chloe and marinette, come and collect your son!" caline smiles, making marinette's face completely drop. alya winces as she holds on her robot baby, sitting next to marinette. 

"whatever," chloe mumbles, sliding out of her seat and holding the robot baby in her arms. chloe will never admit this to anyone, but she really wants to have kids. marinette walks over to chloe with a slight slouch in her walk. 

"what do you want to name him?" marinette asks chloe. she can be civil. she's not evil, guys. come on. 

"well, he's ugly. like you," chloe says with no emotion, making a tick come at the side of marinette's forehead. but she calms down. "let's call him..." chloe inspects the baby with her light blue eyes. how much money did they put into this? this baby actually looks like a mix of them both. blonde hair, bluebell blue eyes, freckles. "louis," she says, her french accent slipping. 

"that's...actually not that bad," marinette says as chloe hands her the baby. 

"and last but not least," caline smiles, y/n walking over to her teacher, adrien at her side. "adrien and y/n. come and meet your baby girl,"

adrien and y/n aren't friends. they know each other, follow each on instagram, have each on snap and stuff. but they aren't close. more like respectful mutuals. 

adrien holds the baby in his arms. he'd never thought about kids. well he did when he liked ladybug. but when he realised that instead loving her, he wanted to be as strong as her, those feelings stopped. 

and cygnus? gosh, how annoying was she? don't get him wrong, he's sure under the mask that she's very beautiful. but she's so cocky. it's annoying. 

"aw," y/n smiles, peeking over at the robot baby. "she has your eyes, agreste. it's actually kinda creepy," 

adrien rolls his eyes, taking a glance at y/n. 

"and she has your hair," y/n has being dying her grey since her mother let. and let me tell you, it hasn't been long. maybe about a year?

"grey is the better colour," y/n says, taking her robot baby in her arms. the baby also has her [light/medium/dark] brown skin. "what do you wanna name her, agreste?"

"can we name her emilie?"

"sure," y/n shrugs, not knowing the meaning behind the name. "welcome to the world, little baby emilie,"