A part of me wondered if this was all some big joke into forcing me to tolerate the presence of JJ after our argument. I sighed, walking into the direction of the drive-in and seeing a massive group of couples and friends.

The snack bar called me and I fished in my pockets only to find a crumpled $20 bill that I had no idea was there. "Bag of Lay's, please," I asked, watching the girl grab it and hand it to me.

"Yo," a strong scent of cologne whooshed through the air, and I didn't have to question who it was before turning around. I inched myself back, surprised at the proximity between us and crossed my arms over one another in an attempt to disguise my nervousness.

"How's it going, K?" It was highly unlikely that he was being genuine, which only made me worry even more internally as I tried to rack my brain of all my wrongdoings that could've affected him.

"Good."

"Y'know," he breathed in deeply, like he was amping himself up to absolutely obliterate me, "your boys? You really need to tell them to lay off the shit, before they get hurt."

My false look of puzzlement must've severely pissed him off, because he stepped even closer to me. "We know what they did."

"Rafe, you don't know what you're talking about—"

My response was cut short by the sudden grip he held on my shoulders, "No, don't tell me what I don't know. Tell those pogues to stay the fuck off our side of the island and we'll handle them soon."

His words at some point became a shout, drawing the attention of others around us and I couldn't focus on anything but the way his eyes drilled into mine.

"You," I shoved his hands off of my shoulders, straightening myself out before continuing, "basically beat Pope to a pulp, and for no fucking reason."

Me and Rafe were two opposites, except with the same persistence in an argument, which made for a very interesting conversation. Although he stood almost a foot taller than me and could probably break me with a glare, I hated it and that only fueled me to argue even more.

Rafe thought he was better, almost like he knew that was the ultimate truth. He kept that no secret, since he found out where I was from.

"I didn't need a reason." He shrugged like if it was the most normal thing in the world and I stood appalled at it all. "Look, K, I'm really being generous when I say tell the boys to watch their backs."

Like clockwork, he walked away and as always, I stood alone. The bag of chips didn't look appetizing anymore, as I trudged to meet with the pogues.

"Gotta take a leak," JJ sprung up, getting in my way and I shoved his leg to push him. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" he whispered, reaching down to his calf to rub it.

"Get the hell out of the way. They're about to kiss, JJ!" Kie scolded, brushing her loose hair out of the way and sitting up.

"Move it," I pointed to a random direction, watching Pope warily follow him out, "You're both going?"

"Yeah, uh... he needs help." JJ spoke for Pope, who nodded dumbly before realizing the wrongness of JJ's words.

"He's gonna help you hold it or something, Pope?" I joked, earning a high five from a very stoned Kie.

The two boys walked away behind the screen and bickered with each other the entire time. After a while, I noticed it had been a minute since the boys had gone and took the opportunity to go out looking for them.

"JJ? Pope?" I heard no response, but the sounds of voices going back and forth.

Topper was basically all over Pope, who looked scared shitless while JJ and Rafe were going back and forth.

Rogue Wave | Rafe CameronOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara