☆Fun☆

"Ohhhh I'm so bored." Sonic said as he lay idly on the couch.

"Me too! And we did everything! We played baseball, Mario Cart and even wrestled...wait, where's Knuckles?"
the two-tailed fox asked, looking around for the aforementioned echidna.

"He mentioned something about going to help Maddie feed Lily." Sonic said.

Suddenly it dawned on Tails.
"How about we play with Lily?!" Tails said getting to his feet.

"Good idea bro!" The two brothers ran straight to the kitchen where they expected to find Lily and Knuckles with Maddie.

"Oh hey boys. Do you need anything?" Maddie asked. "Are you hungry?"

"No, no, we just want to play with Lily."

"Yes Maddie! Can we?!" Tails asked, wagging his tails in excitement.

The girl, hearing her name, turned to the hedgehog, laughing and giggling.

Sonic almost squealed when she started reaching out to him with her little hands. He took her in his arms.

"You missed your brother, didn't you?" Sonic said, tickling her, and Lily started laughing cutely.

Maddie giggled at the relationship between the brothers and their little human sister. She was proud to have these aliens as her sons.
"Okay, you can play with her, just be careful. Oh and Knuckles go with them."

"Are you sure you don't want help washing the dishes?" Knuckles asked. "As a brave warrior, I will cope with this task!" he said proudly.

Maddie smiled. "I'm sure. Now go play with your brothers and sister."

*time skip*

"Hey Lily!" Sonic caught her attention and then put his hands in his face. "Peek a boo!" the girl started laughing and clapping her hands.
"Where's Sonic? He's here!" he continued playing hide and seek and Lily pinched his cheek playfully.

"You cheeky girl." he chuckled.

"Hmm..." Knuckles seemed to be thinking about something.

"What should I do to make her laugh?" he said looking at Lily.

Then Tails interjected

"Oh it's very easy! Look!"
"Coochie coochie coo!" he started tickling her and Lily started laughing loudly.

"See? Besides, there are many other ways too." Tails said, taking Lily into his arms.

"Exactly! Our little Lily seems to like you very much, by the way." Sonic interjected.

Then Knuckles had an idea.
He took her in his arms, grabbed her gently on both sides of the waist, then began to lift her up and pretend to be an airplane, making sounds with his mouth. (I can't explain it but I think you know what I mean)

Lily immediately started laughing and squealing. He started giggling with her.

"Wow Knuckles you're a natural." Sonic said, watching in amusement as Knuckles played with Lily.

"How did you even come up with this idea?" Tails asked. It wasn't every day to see a red echidna showing so much affection for a tiny human.

"I remember my father doing the same thing to me. I always asked him for it and he couldn't say no to me. He said that a warrior should maintain all seriousness and readiness. But we still did it quite often, laughing and smiling." the echidna smiled warmly at the memory.

There was total silence.

He stopped playing with Lily and looked into her eyes. He saw her as the little echidna he once was.

Tails decided to break the silence. "Wow..Knuckles I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry." his ears flopped.

"Don't worry, fox. It was a long time ago." Knuckles said as he touched his nose to Lily's cheek making her giggle.

"No Knuckles. I know it's in the past but anyway. If you want to talk to us about it, know that we are always here for you." Sonic said.

Knuckles was surprised by Sonic and Tails' behavior. No one has ever shown him sympathy and support.

He placed Lily gently on the ground and then walked over to his brothers, hugging them both.

"Thank you my brothers. I respect that. And I assure you that if I feel the need to talk about anything, I will come straight to you. Word of a warrior."

The hedgehog and the fox hugged back. They are happy that their older brother finally has the family he deserves.
They stayed like that for a moment and then remembered Lily.

The echidna walked up to her and took her back into her arms.
"Come on Lily! Do you want a hug too?" he cooed playfully at the baby. The little girl started making cute sounds as if she was trying to say "yes".

All three brothers hugged their little sister gently, then sat down on the couch and fell asleep with Lily in their arms.

Maddie, seeing this, had to stop herself from squealing. Unable to resist, she took a few photos.