" Out" she was pretty sure came out as a growl when he sputtered and tried to argue.  " Get me the chocolate" she then ordered before he could close the door behind him. 

     " Uncle Sean called. He needs Finn, Cian and Aidan in Boston for a couple days" Hugo broke the silence that followed Royce's departure.

Kenny had enough experience with the family to know that it meant something was up. Also that asking wouldn't get her an answer. These men still carried a little too much cavemen attitude when it came to women. From what she'd heard it was biting them in the ass now as the women banded together.

" Do I need to call Neala for answers?" She questioned knowing it was low but not giving a crap. His scowl told that she'd played the right card.

" MC Queen left her husband and is currently staying with Neala and Sean. The South Carolina chapter is sending people up just in case. Her husbands not exactly known as being stable" Hugo volunteered more than she'd been hoping for. But the potential ramifications were what she knew he was worried about. Two chapter presidents in Boston when the Dark Angels were already on the clubs watch list.

" It needs to be resolved soon or later. I'd rather the sooner before I get to far in construction and renovations. But if things escalate I need a heads up. I'll need to make arrangements for Lacy and River to get them clear of it." She said looking at it as practically as possible.

Beyond her run in with Heckler she'd seen very little of the club this past week. Drawing lines hadn't pleased Hoss or the other men. It had never been her intention to have any business beyond monthly rent exchange with them. Maybe she'd though about bringing them on as security but that was it. But it also didn't take being someone in that world to see that something wasn't right. And the blow back from a weak club was not something she needed.

" That's fair" Hugo offered in response then sat silently watching her. It made her want to wiggle in her seat. Knowing that he was the kind of man to assess and look beyond what you wanted him to see. She'd caught him doing it once or twice before. Not just with her but with River and Lacy as well. " You aren't sleeping?" He finally stated as if he already knew and wasn't asking.

It wasn't as if it was a new, Kenny's issues with sleeping. She'd accepted years ago that medication was her best option. Unfortunately here, she didn't feel secure enough to medicate herself into a full nights sleep. At first because the trailer wasn't secure. Then when River moved in next to her it was his safety that worried her. The meds knocked her out cold and she couldn't risk it. Not exactly things she wanted to offer with someone she'd just met.

" I'm sure you've heard of some of the things that have happened to the Mulligan women. My little sister was one of them. Dar had issues sleeping after. Part of that was nightmares, part was shutting her brain down enough to sleep. Feeling secure in her space." Hugo offered sitting forward to rest his elbows in his knees. His gaze never leaving her face. Nothing in his posture or look saying he was in a rush for the answer hidden in what he'd said.

" Back in Chicago I bought an apartment. It had three locks on the door and was eleven floors up. It took me months before I slept through the night there." She offered not sure why.  She didn't know this man but he had a quiet but strong presence.  Had seen and heard about how protective of women he was in general, deadly when it came to his family.  " The trailer doesn't feel secure" she breathed out  at her limit of what she felt comfortable with divulging. 

     " So we move up the timeline in the motel and apartment conversion.  Get a couple more guys in to help.  What else?" He stated as if it was the easiest fix.  " What else Kennedy?" He questioned again when she remained silent. 

     " I need to know Colly can't get to River.  Can use him to get to me" she answered before she could even think.  Before she processed that it was a big worry and not just a niggling concern in the back of her mind. 

    " We have a judge loyal to the family.  I'll make a call." He made it sound so easy.  It was in that moment that she realized he'd given her another glimpse of  himself.  Hugo was a fixer.  Kenny didn't need fixing but it was nice to have someone in her corner. 

     Leaving Kenny to her paperwork Hugo kept his word and made the call to Judge Ferguson.  The man was a Scotsman but he never held that against the man.  Over the years he'd gotten more than a few of the lads out of hot water.  Or reduced sentences if the evidence was too heavy.  It didn't take much explaining now before he was assured that he'd see the papers expedited. 

    The next matter took him to the motel where a crew was gutting both levels.  It had been Kenny's call to strip it right back to the studs.  Hunting down old Murphy  he explained what he needed and knew he'd see it done.   Hugo didn't breach her confidence but did use the kid as an excuse for the rush. 

      Sean had made the right call sending Murphy to watch over the lass.  The man had the patience of a saint and a easy going nature.  Hugo had watched as the man stepped in when needed as she worked on the bar.  Had seen also how in his quiet way he'd help bring her vision into reality with all the projects he took on. 

      " I'll talk to the lass and lad and see about moving in with him until the apartments ready for them." Murph offered then shot Hugo solid side eye while trying to hide a smirk. 

     " Out with it!" He muttered wanting to know what that look meant.  Hugo wasn't ready for the answer through.  He also hadn't been thinking in that direction until he'd put it out in the blood universe either.