•remember me 3•

Start from the beginning

Shit was terrible, I was losing myself, and everything else...that was until Amina and my parents flew out to stay with me for a while and forced me to get back into work and get my shit together, forced me to not let this situation that I was in take over my life.

They gave me the typical "get it together, this isn't you" Pep talk and my mother made it a point to call out that Ariana wouldn't have wanted me to be like this, no matter what terms we were on, and they were right.

Just a few short weeks after that I had gotten back on my feet, helped a few of my artists drop record breaking albums, was getting booked for interviews and having artists wanting to talk about joining the label or combining mine with theirs, things were starting to look up, however I still couldn't bear living in the house that I once shared with the woman of my dreams, I needed a change of scenery, so I decided to move to Houston, and Amina decided to join me stepping on to my label as my assistant and wanting to make sure that I would be okay and have a familiar face in the new city.

I lost a few artists due to the move but I had to roll with the punches on this one, and so far me and Amina are enjoying the new scenery and our very spacious 4 bedroom downtown luxury condo.

I sold the old house before packing everything up and having Amina send Ariana's half of the profit to her family. I do still think about Ariana from time to time, but I tried to let that go after starting over, wanting nothing to hold me back. It was a big adjustment at first, I had to learn to deal with the little things, like getting used to sleeping in a bed alone after getting so used to having Ariana basically smother me when we slept, or not waking up to a shower of little kisses all over my face, it sucked, but to help with that I just chose to surround myself with new people and spend time with Amina.

I met a lot of new people quickly and found some new artists that I've since signed to my label, though it's been particularly Megan, more famously known as Megan thee stallion that I've liked the most and have gotten pretty close with, we hang out a lot and she introduced me to my other new friends Amala, or doja cat, and Belcalis, or Cardi B.

They introduced me to a new crowd and helped me gain some powerful connections, hell, they even tried to hook me up with a few of their friends, and don't get me wrong, they were all very beautiful women, and I was tempted, but I wasn't ready to re open the door of dating yet. And even if I was ready, none of these women could ever come close to making me feel like she did.

Ariana was my person, there's no denying that, and no matter what happens, something tells me she always will be. As much as that sucks for me, it's the truth.

Ariana's pov

I took a sip of my Starbucks coffee before setting it down and turning back to the computer screen in front of it, getting ready to add some more vocals to this new track that I was working on, and just then someone speaks, I smile at the sound of the voice