18. Killing the boy

Start from the beginning

Jungkook froze. He was glad he wasn't holding anything or else he would have dropped it on the floor.

"Shit. You didn't know about that either." Lucas looked surprised this time, his eyes wide and his mouth open in disbelief. "Uhm, now I feel kind of shitty. I-" He rubbed the back of his neck. "Should I be telling you this?"

"Yes, you should tell me everything 'cause I apparently know nothing about my boyfriend with whom I've been exclusive before he moved out." Jungkook's heart was beating faster.

"Uhm, I don't know what to say." Lucas said awkwardly realising he had just messed up.

Lucas was about to say something when his eyes widened. "You can use the toilet now." He said as if that was why Jungkook was there for.

Taehyung was there. That was where the sudden change of mood was coming from.

Jungkook felt the familiar hand on his waist bringing him physical warmth but it felt cold. It felt less familiar than it usually did.

"Hey, baby. What were you guys talking about?" Taehyung placed his chin on the boy's shoulder from behind.

Jungkook wanted to push the man away. His hands, his body touching him made Jungkook feel like he was burning. He wanted to scratch his skin off where it touched Taehyung's, rip it off his body.

Jungkoon could not even respond. All the things he could say had become a mixture whys in his head that felt hard to be said out-loud. It was better that way because he'd probably start screaming at Taehyung right there in the corridor of a stranger's apartment.

Jungkook took a shaky breath and detached Taehyung's hands from his body. He turned around to look at him. When their gazes met Jungkook saw Taehyung's alluring eyes with a frown above them.

"I'm leaving." Jungkook said in a steady voice. "You'better come find me, even though it won't change a thing." He was angry. He was hurt. He was utterly disappointed. He was in the verge of crying from all these emotions that flooded his heart.

Betrayed was the best word to describe how he felt.

He walked away, his shoulder bumping against Taehyung's.

"Jungkook, wait." Taehyung reached for the boy's arm making him turn around. He had probably gotten that he was in trouble.

Jungkook stopped abruptly, his blood boiling and his eyes glowing. "If you even give a damn about me, don't touch me. I don't wanna make a scene."

Just like that Jungkook was gone. He slipped out of the door of the apartment as quietly as possible. He was lucky that the others were having fun and were not paying attention.

Jungkook climbed down the stairs almost stumbling on the steps while he was crying. He couldn't register what he had just heard. He felt so stupid because ha had only suspected Taehyung of having been sleeping around while they had only been exclusive snd not a couple, which had been true from what he had heard, but there was so much more to it. If Lucas had told the truth, Taehyung was a big liar. He had told Jungkook so little about his personal life and the ones he had said had been just to cover the truth . He had hidden so many things about himself, but in a way that made him a liar.

Taehyung was not mysterious. He was a liar.

Jungkook felt so stupid that he had pushed all of his doubts and questions aside for the sake of Taehyung's charm, for the sake of his own fragile heart that would break if he had known the truth.

The boy exited the building, his head hanging between his shoulders as the tears were falling on the ground. He let his his back fall on the hard wall of the building, his arms hugging his built even though it wasn't that cold.