𐙚˙⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

o

o. . . "a tortured poet and a love lullaby."

𝘐𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯, 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥, 𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦, 𝘢 𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭, 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴,
𝘠𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦.

𝘈 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘺,
𝘚𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.
𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘜𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘺.

𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺, 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦'𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘥, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯.
𝘉𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺, 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘐𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸'𝘴 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥.

𝘐𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘶𝘯,
𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦.

- the oracle of Delphi

[💌]

When thoughts of love fill the minds of campers, the offsprings of Apollo are transported to a world adorned by a stunning sunset, casting an enchanting orange glow across the horizon. For the children of Ares, love is entwined with the exhilaration of battle and the sweet taste of victory. Meanwhile, the progeny of Demeter find love in the graceful transformation of a sprout into a magnificent delicate flower.

As for ordinary humans, love is the gentle warmth that radiates from within their chests, a profound emotion ignited when in the presence of cherished loved ones.

But for Lacey, love was a detailed and crafted project, an intricate web of tasks and goals. She approached it with the precision of an architect designing a masterpiece. Each interaction, every shared moment, was a building block in her structured blueprint for a lasting connection.

She always found herself drawn to the beauty of poems and lullabies. Lacey, with an innate connection to the art of expression, discovered a unique gift in her ability to turn her love-infused poems into tangible realities.

Each stroke of her cursive pen seemed to breathe life into her verses, manifesting the very essence of love she poured onto paper. The lullabies' melodies danced through the air.

Yet, with this extraordinary power came a cost. The act of transforming emotions into reality drained Lacey's inherent abilities, leaving her feeling both breathless and weakened simultaneously. It became a delicate dance between the desire to create enchanting worlds through her words and the recognition of the toll it took on her own strength.

Despite the challenges, Lacey continued to weave her emotions into poetic tapestries, embracing the bittersweet nature of her extraordinary talent, for the sake of love. . .

Lacey sometimes longed for the warmth of the childhood she never had.
Longed for the feeling of comfort, holding on tightly to the thin rope connecting her to the know forgotten years.

She was only 7 when the first monster tried to attack her, almost ripping her heart out.

She was never a troubled kid in school. A kid with a good demeanour, soft spoken who loved seeing smiles. She didnt understand why she had to keep changing schools though. Lacey could see it in every principal's eyes, a foggy mist troubling them making them say things unvoluntarily. But she didnt talk back, for the sake of her father.

Henry Archer was the epitome of a caring father. Eventhough he was a public figure he always found time for his daughter (not like her mother). He knew Lacey was special, and had accepted the differences she would experience through out life.

He couldnt help but see her mother in her.

Always the same words "You look so much like your dear mother." Wether that was a curse or a gift Lacey was unsure of it. Was her mother that beautiful that her father was so enchanted by her? Some questions dont get their answers immediately.

On the fifth school, the unimaginable happened. Lacey was in arts and crafts and was painting something on her canvas when a huge monster almost ripped her heart out. Literally. It was at that moment that Aphrodite helped her own child for the first time granting her the powers of charmspeak and poems and saving her from the grip of death.

A goddess helping her own child was pretty rare and as if to sign that the even actually happened the monster scarred the flesh on her heart, ironically in a heart shaped scar.

Thats the story of Lacey, the Aphrodite child whose heart is scarred, but still continues to be a love spreader.

AUTHOR NOTE:

prologue out !! had this in my drafts for a long time