The Wild Card

═══════════ ═══════════

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

[Persona]

═══════════ ═══════════
Arcane Masks
By BlueMajesty
Chapter 3 - The Wild Card
═══════════ ═══════════

After bringing Dan Heng from his room to join everyone else, Hikaru noticed the uncomfortable expression on the male's face.

Although he masked it very well, Hikaru was more than experienced with expressionless individuals to allow him to see through it.

In any case, he didn't ask about it just yet as it really wasn't the time.

Again the present time, they were all now voting on whether or not they'd listen to what Kafka said and head to the place known as the Xianzhou.

Despite being a very new member here in the express, his vote counted just as much as any other person here on the crew.

"All those in favour, hold out your hand. All those against, keep your arms by your side." Himeko voiced as everyone glanced at each other. "Three, two, one..."

As soon as the countdown finished, everyone made their decisions with the only person not having held their hand out being Dan Heng.

For Hikaru, he personally had no reason yet to dislike or distrust the one known as Kafka. However, that didn't mean he wasn't cautious.

Whatever the case may be, he at least knew for certain that this Stellaron situation was something rather catastrophic.

He was no selfless hero, but leaving potentially thousands upon thousands of lives to a certain death left a bad taste in his mouth.

Looking at all of the votes, Himeko nodded. "That's five against one. Well, it looks like the Astral Express crew has a majority vote to head for the Xianzhou."

"Weren't you voting against it?" Stelle tilted in her head in confusion as she looked at March. "Why'd you put your hand out?"

"I calmed down and thought about it a bit." March gave a small sigh as she responded. "If it turns out that woman isn't lying, then a lot of innocent people are gonna get hurt... Now's the time for thinking about other people."

"How suddenly principled of you."

Stelle had a small glint in her eyes as she gave March a thumbs up, to which the girl in question also adopted a proud look.

"Alright, alright." Welt shook his head with a smile. "I think we're all used to March's modus operandi by now."

Hearing this, Stelle pointed at Hikaru, who rose an eyebrow at the gesture before ultimately shrugging his shoulders.

"You get what I mean..."

"You're staying, huh?" Hikaru decided to ask as Dan Heng merely nodded in response. "A shame, I would've liked my first adventure to be with as many of you as possible."