A sign??

CHAP. 1

//PERTH//

Since I was a kid I've been yearning for a love story, where the main character and main lead end up together, the main lead watching the main character play with their children in the garden as their kids play and chase each other.

There's been many close calls in my love life, where I've thought "maybe she's the one??", and its always "maybe" "what if".

I've been trying so hard and yet I can't receive something this simple?? I can provide, I can give you attention, I can give you anything you want, I can provide them assurance, anything. But would they do the same??

To show my desperation, I've even gone to dating apps and blind dates. One is in too much need, one is a golddigger, one is overly possessive, one is too jealous, one over thinks badly even though I sent her my location, a photo, video calls, and overall anything.

Was I not meant to find the one for me?? I've done everything I can possibly-- *crash* and there I was, interrupted by someone.

"Ah, sorry!" The black curly haired guy got off of me and bowed in deep sincere. I got off the ground and swifted off the dust off my blazer, before I could speak to the guy he swiftly sped away. Ok??

______________________________________

I started my rant to Ohm with my love life as usual while we settled at our usual table in the cafeteria. "And then before I could think of anything else a guy bumped into me, he was kinda cute" I said to Ohm, not even realizing I said he was cute. Ohm looked at me suspiciously and without him speaking, I already realized my mistake.

Shit.

"Just drop that already, it just slipped out!" I grumpily said to Ohm as he kept pestering me about it even after lunch break was over. No matter how much I deny it, he was dead ass cute. I can't deny how squish-able those cheeks were.

As we were walking by the football field, we were pestering each other as usual, that was until a ball suddenly hit him in the back, almost making him fall. I, of course got defensive over it and was about to yell at the person but when I turned around, everything just seemed to move in slow motion as I saw the guy that bumped into me running towards us alongside what seemed to be his teammate.

Before I knew it Ohm was down to the ground, groaning about the pain. The curly's friend kneeled down to Ohm and helped him stand up. "Sorry for the trouble! My friend here is just new to the sport and suddenly hit you during practice" the curly's teammate explained. "Chimon, I'll take this guy to the nurse's office, stay here and don't move!", then Ohm was suddenly getting taken away but all I could do was stare at the cute guy in front of me. Holy shit, he can't miss this chance.

"Hey--" both of us greeted each other in sync. "Hi--" we spoke in sync again and even chuckled in sync. "You go first" I broke the awkward silence, "I just wanna apologize for not giving you a proper apology earlier, I was late for football practice so I couldn't help but run away" he explained without even taking a time to breathe, "woah woah, breathe. It's not like I'll punch you for bumping into me" I assured him then he started to pant slightly and attempted to catch his breath.

"So.. what department are you in??" I asked simply, "Digital Media and Film Arts, how about you??" He asked back.

P; "Business Administration, I actually want to learn football mind exchanging numbers?"
C; "you want my help?? I just landed a ball on your friend's back.."
P; "Why not"
C; "I don't see why I should disagree", he handed me his phone and at that moment, I knew I won.

I gladly took his phone and inserted my number, saving it. "see you around" I sent my goodbyes and turned around, but deep inside I felt butterflies swarm my stomach.

I'm hoping that fate will be good to us and meet at some time soon.

______________________________________

I look around the field, hoping to find him soon. Then someone put a drink in front of my vision, "Perthhh, loosen up the game will go well" he assured me, "Phi, if you didn't become persistent during practice I wouldn't have to take your place and be this nervous." I said, looking down at his casted leg. "Come onnnn, don't make me feel worsttt" he pouted, a direct arrow flew straight into his heart.

As much of a asshole he sounds right now, he's glad that Ohm almost broke his back that day when Chi was still a trainee in football because that moment was the reason he got this close with this cute black curly haired guy. "Yeah yeah" I took the drink from his hand and drank it. "Let's go out after this match, my treat" I looked at Chi and put my arm around his waist.

"Can't tonight" he immediately put down the offer, like he knew I was gonna ask him that. "Ha?? Why, phii" I nuzzle my face at the side of his neck. "Ai, Perth!!" He chuckled while  immediately trying to push me away. "Ai, Perth!! Stop!!" He starts to laugh harder which led to us falling on the ground. Thankfully, I reacted quickly and caught myself then I instantly put my arms around his waist leading to us being just inches apart.

We both made eye contact which made me nervous since we haven't gotten this much close in any situation. But was interrupted by him looking anywhere but my eyes, I then acted swiftly on the situation and quickly stood up and pulled him up. Thanking the Gods above the sky, Ohm and Nanon barged in together, making us both startled and distracted from what just happened.

"The match is about to start, let's go!" I heard the people outside the room shout at everyone. I quickly go outside, thanking Ohm and Nanon for their goodlucks. And then suddenly, I started to overthink it and then before I knew it I have come to the conclusion that he might've been uncomfortable with that situation. I was so distracted by my thoughts that I can't even hear what my surroundings are saying.

No matter how selfish this sounds, I don't want to see him in the game, because if I meet his eyes I might not be able to think straight and that will make the team lose, therefore he'll be disappointed. Now there's this thing with me where I won't mind if he hates me, disgusted by me, and anything else.

But him being disappointed in me?? Now thats the only thing that I cant bear. As the match started I can't help but feel anxious about the moment in the room. I couldn't even put my head in the game.

I'm too caught up about how I'll face him after this match, how I'll talk to him. I'm definitely exaggerating this situation but the way his eyes looked so mysterious made me wonder what he felt in that situation. Nervous like I was??, Awkward??, Uncomfortable?? I can't seem to figure it out.

!! TBC !!

Thank you for the first ten people that viewed my story!! I hope you liked it so far🫶🫶!