Chapter V: Agreement

Author's Note:
I apologize if the story seems slow-paced, but crafting the plot required careful consideration. This story differs from NBB, and I want to assure you that it unfolds as a slow burn with elements of angst in the long run. Your patience is appreciated as the narrative gradually unveils its depth and intricacies. If the story doesn't resonate with you, it's perfectly okay to step back. Your story comfort and enjoyment are paramount.

——

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the landscape as Prince Zee and I made our way back to the palace. The rhythmic sounds of the steed's hooves echoed against the quietude of the approaching evening. In the aftermath of the unexpected incident, I found myself nestled between Prince Zee and the saddle, an unconventional alliance born out of necessity. Yes out of necessity. Nothing more than that.

The palace loomed in the distance, its grandeur accentuated by the fading light. As we approached the gates, the palace guards, alert to our arrival, stood at attention. Prince Zee, his demeanor composed, guided the steed with practiced ease.

"Your Royal Highnesses have arrived," announced the Royal Guards, their voices resonating through the palace corridors, signaling our entrance.

My face flushed at the formal and respectful manner in which they addressed us, a designation typically reserved for a royal couple. And we're not yet a couple!

The palace courtyard welcomed us with the soothing whisper of a gentle breeze. Prince Zee dismounted first, extending his hands to assist me. I snorted but accepted his hand, just because I am injured. As I descended from the steed, the pain in my twisted ankle served as a poignant reminder of the day's tumultuous events.

We were met by the concerned gaze of Royal Advisor Yoon, who had undoubtedly received word of the incident. His brows furrowed in worry, a silent acknowledgment of the potential consequences of my impromptu equestrian escapade.

"Your Royal Highness! What did you do this time?"

Prince Zee, with a measured calmness, addressed Royal Advisor Yoon, "My Sire has a twisted ankle. We need to seek the Royal Physician's assistance promptly."

Royal Advisor Yoon nodded, his swift motions conveying a readiness to facilitate the necessary medical attention. As we traversed the palace corridors, the gravity of the day's events sank in. Prince Zee, ever the composed figure, maintained a supportive presence. I still hate him to the core.

We reached the infirmary, where the Royal Physician, a figure of wisdom and healing, awaited. The examination was meticulous, and as the diagnosis was delivered, Prince Zee's concern mirrored the somber mood of the room.

 The examination was meticulous, and as the diagnosis was delivered, Prince Zee's concern mirrored the somber mood of the room

"Rest and proper care are imperative," the Royal Physician advised, emphasizing the importance of allowing the ankle to heal.

Prince Zee, attentive to the physician's counsel, nodded in agreement. As I was settled into a comfortable chamber, the weight of the day's events began to lift. Prince Zee lingered, his gaze lingering with a mix of relief and a subtle depth that hinted at unspoken sentiments.