034. ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙɪɴᴅ

Start from the beginning

"What do you want?"

"Question is, what do you want? My hybrids left town as you demanded, so please tell me what I need to do to get my family back."

"Well, ahem, see, Klaus, I'm not negotiating." Stefan answered as he sat down.

"And you understand that holding them indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean?"

"No, no, you leave Mystic Falls and then give me a call in a few years, and we'll talk."

"I'm going to give you another chance. Just one more. Let's make a reasonable deal."

"Or what? You make one move, and I will drop-"

Klaus started laughing. "Yes, that's right. Crazy Stefan. Mhm. How's that working out for you? Any friends left? Arabella still here?"

Stefan didn't answer.

⭒❃.✮:▹

At the Mystic Grill in the late evening. Klaus was sitting at the bar, drink in front of him, on the phone with his one of his Hybrids, Daniel. "How's life on the road?"

Not a lot of people were in the grill.

"Scenic." Daniel answered. "How's life in Mystic Falls without any hybrids?"

"Boring. For now." Klaus said, smirking as he saw Arabella enter the grill.

"If you want any of us back, you just have to say the word."

"There's no need. I've been making friends with the town's civil servants. There's a deputy who's awfully chatty, but useful nonetheless. Are you clear on what you need to do?" He asked, referring to his plan he had made about Jamie and Abby while keeping an eye on Arabella who had just sat down in a booth at the far end of the grill.

"I've got it covered." Daniel said, before ending the call and stepping out of his car, which was parked outside Abby's house.

He drank his drink before leaving his chair and making his way over to Arabella, who was  just done ordering her drink.

Matt glared at Klaus as he left.

"Why are you here alone, love?" Klaus asked, sitting down next to Arabella in the booth.

"I was alone. Until you joined me." She replied, not looking at him.

"Which I'm sure you're very happy about."

"Sure." She answered, sarcastically.

"When are you going to forgive me?"

"For what? Murdering my family? Making me and my siblings go on the run for 500 years? When you made Stefan turn of his humanity?"

"I did it because I love you."

"Love me?" She chuckled, still not looking. "You call this love?"

"Everything I did was to protect you."

"Was that what you were thinking when you turned me into this? A heretic?" She asked, finally looking at him.

"Yes."

"Klaus. I wanted to grow old. I wanted to have children, grandchildren and God knows what. But they were my choices and you took them away from me."

"I love you. I loved you from the first second my eyes landed on you. And I still do Arabella, even after 518 years." He cupped her cheeks and let's not forget that she was quite literally made for him. "Arabella?"

Arabella however did not respond. She hadn't even heard the Hybrid.

"Arabella?" Klaus repeated but he became more worried when he saw that her eyes were completely black.