Feel Again: Contemporary (Chapter 1)

Chapter 1

~Feel Again: Contemporary~

'Zendaya's POV'

I still can't wrap my mind around it, even after the interviews... I'm going to be on Dancing With The Stars. This could be both very fun and very embarrassing. I'm a hip hop dancer, not a ballroom dancer. I know nothing about the foxtrot or the waltz, I can wop and I can dougie. Oh gosh, this is definitely going to be an interesting experience.

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I called out as I grabbed my keys and purse.

She came over to me, "Bye sweetheart. Have fun but be careful. Valentin is quite a bit older. If he steps out of line dont be afraid to tell him."

I stuck my shades on and rolled my eyes, "Of course mom, I'll see you later."

I walked out to my brand new black Escalade and hopped in. I live really close to the dancing studio where we would be rehearsing, so I got there fairly quickly. I took a deep breath and checked my reflection in the mirror. "You can do this, you dance all the time." I whispered. I needed to give myself a pep talk, cause I'm really nervous about this.

I hopped out of the car and walked into the studio. I opened the door and the cameras were already there, as well as my new dance partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy. He grinned at me as I walked towards him.

'Val’s POV'

She walked into the room and she was like a breath of fresh air. So incredibly beautiful. I grinned as she walked towards me.

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Hi." I said still grinning.

"Zendaya, nice to meet you." She grinned and I pulled me into a hug.

"You're very beautiful." I said gesturing to her body. I can be a little blunt, but I have to be honest with her.

"Thank you!"

"How old are you?" I asked. She must be at least 18 or something, but she’s definitely young.

She looked a bit embarrassed as she replied. “I’m 17.”

I was definitely shocked, I tried not to show it, but I think she noticed. "17? I'll take that back."  I said with a laugh. Crap, guess I have to try and forget all the thoughts about her.

She smiled, "So I guess I'm like the youngest."

I chuckled, "Ever."

She nodded, "Ever."

I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable so I just moved on. "Well let's do this, here's the envelope... What's our first dance?" I asked passing it to her. As she began to open it I drummed against my lap in anticipation.

She looked shocked as she read what was on the card, "Contemporary."

"What?!" We both exclaimed together.

"Contemporary in the first week?" I asked shaking my head.

She sighed, "Yup."

"What is that?!" I exclaimed. I have a lot of planning to do now, cause I don’t want to sacrifice the passion of the dance just because she is so young.

"Well I guess we should get started. We have a lot of work to do." I said with a grin.

"Just so you know, I dance hip hop.. Not ballroom. Just as a warning." She said nervously.

I chuckled, "Trust me, you'll do great."

"So what exactly is in a Contemporary dance?" She asked as she sat across from me on the floor. We both began to stretch and I smiled, "It's a whole lot of passion and acting. For our purposes we're going to tone down the passion just a bit because of your age, so that means our movements and facial expressions will have to be ten times more intense."