Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Are you sure you'll marry your bestfriend? I thought he and Camille got back together?" Briggs asked me about marrying Theron. He's aware of our pass. That Theron and Camille are both very close to me, especially Theron.

"Camille is dead."

"What? Since when?" He was really surprised. He didn't see it coming because the last time I mentioned it, they were back together and happily living in Italy. I also just found out recently about Camille's death. I'm not sure if someone killed her or if she was ill, but I didn't bother to ask more because I don't care about her anymore.

"I don't know. Her early death seems like fate."

Today is the day I'll reunite with Theron after years of no communication and having drifted apart as friends. Our families have organized this dinner for us to catch up and discuss our upcoming wedding in Spain and the Philippines.

I agreed to this not only for the money but also because of Theron's connection. He's involved with the Cassano Organization under Nikolaus Hiero Cassano, and I see an opportunity to gather more information through him about the Cassano.

"Should I say 'Condolences' for your girlfriend's death?" Iyon agad ang bungad ko kay Theron nang makasalubong siya sa labas palang ng mansyon. He just arrived like me.

"Don't act like we're still close." I laughed sarcastically as I stepped closer to him, stopping right in front of him and looking directly at him.

"I am not. I just want to see you experience the same pain you caused me." I added. Theron decided to cut ties with me after losing Mom. He went to study abroad, where his Dad sent Camille. I begged him to stay because he was all I had, but he chose to leave at a time when I needed someone to lean on the most. Pinili niya si Camille kesa sa akin na matalik n'yang kaibigan simula pagkabata.

I think he loves Camille more than our friendship.

Even though he knows Camille is using him for money, he still chose her. He didn't realize there's someone who can love him more than he deserves, and that's me. But that's all in the past. Theron and I are just strangers now, but we're getting married soon.

"You've grown into a beautiful, independent, and successful woman, Snow." Pinuri agad ako ng Dad ni Theron.

"I am who I am today because of myself, Tito."

"That's why I'm proud of you. I know your Mom is proud of you, too." Ngumiti lang ako at umupo na sa tapat ni Theron. Hindi iyon sadya dahil iyon nalang naman kasi ang bakante. The Familia Fierro and Theron's dad are already here, except for her older sister, who's not here. I don't know where she is. Hindi ko na tinanong. "How are you, Snow? How's leading Los Royales? I've heard about your organization being well and powerful." Kakaupo ko palang pero nagsalita na ulit si Tito Timothy.

It seems like he's really curious about how powerful his future daughter-in-law is, knowing that he'll also benefit from it.

"Los Royales is much more powerful now, and it's growing stronger every day, Tito. Honestly, we're as powerful as the Familia Fierro, and it looks like any moment, we're about to surpass them." Pagmamayabang ko. I heard Islwynn chuckled at what I just said, but I'm just stating the truth.

"You'll be even more powerful and influential once you and Theron are married, Snow." I just raised my wine glass and smiled.

What a game. Gamitan pala ito.

The wedding plans started being discussed. Me and Theron simply nodded along to whatever decisions were made by Theron's dad and Tita Alice, letting them take the lead in organizing the wedding. They want a big wedding ceremony in both Spain and the Philippines, with plans to invite all of their friends and allies.