Part 14 - Harry's new attitude

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys." I said as Ron and I stood in front of them. Harry instantly turned his head to Ron and completely ignored. What the hell was that about? Is Harry purposely ignoring me?

"Hey Yn." Hermione said as she smiled at me. There was an awkward silence after that.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Mr Gilderoy Lockhart." Someone announced. I turned around to see a blonde 20 something year old man walk out. He was wearing a baby blue dress robes with silver accents and a cloak that only went as far as his knees. He has blue eyes that are quite similar to the blue on the dress robes. I grew up with the stories of his adventures. Most nights, mum would read them to me while I was in bed. I can't believe I get to finally meet him. We all clapped as he walked up to the desk in the store.

"Mum fancies him." Ron said to us. He looked like a mix between embarrassment and disgust.

"Who wouldn't? Have you read his adventures. Honestly, if I was older I would want to date him too." I said to Ron. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Harry who had his arms crossed and he rolled his eyes. I want to ask him 'what's wrong? Is everything okay?' But I already know how that conversation will go.

"Make way please. Let me through." A photographer said as he squeezed past people to get to the front. "Excuse me little girls. This is for the daily prophet." He said as he practically barged past me and Ginny. Ginny stumbled backwards however i tripped and fell. Right after I had been tripped and began falling, someone caught me and my head was against his chest. I looked up and saw it was Harry. He looked at me in the eyes and I looked at him. For a moment, it was like the world had gone still and silent. I have no idea what was happening but I feel a warm tingling feeling in my stomach and my cheeks felt like they were burning. Harry's face turned red as we held eye contact.

Hermione let out a small cough and then everything was normal. I stood up properly and Harry helped me. But once I was stood up properly, Harry returned to his whole ignoring me attitude. I could tell that he was still red. My cheeks felt like they were burning still.

The whole time that was happening Gilderoy Lockhart was getting his photo taken. He looked out into the crowd. Me and Hermione were basically having a silent conversation with our eyes. So we looked crazy but Gilderoy's eyes didn't lock on us. They locked on Harry. He stared silently at Harry.

"It can't be. Harry Potter." Gilderoy said while keeping his eyes on Harry. Honestly, it was a little creepy.

"Harry Potter." The photographer said as he barged me again and roughly grabbed Harry on the shoulder and dragging him to the front. I get that Harry is famous and all but why am i being barged like I'm some useless object. "Excuse me madam." The photographer said to me. I mean it's a little too late buddy.

"Nice big smile, Harry." Gilderoy said as he yanked Harry closer to him for a photo. "Together, you and I rate the front page."

FLASH!

"Ladies and gentlemen. What an extraordinary moment this is? When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me..." Gilderoy announced to the shop. Everyone began clapping. "Which incidentally is currently celebrating it's 27th week atop the daily prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that he would in fact be leaving with my entire collected works free of charge." He said as he practically shoved a pile of books in Harry's hands.

FLASH!

We all began clapping again right after the photo was taken. The photographer began leaving but yet again I got barged and not once have I heard a sorry.