The perfect date??? (collab with Diaazze) pt.2

Start from the beginning

"I'm really sorry." Harper sighed, looking down. 

"For what?" Griffin asked, confused. She had nothing to be sorry for. 

"For you falling through the ice. That should've been me." Harper sniffled. 

"No, it shouldn't have. And it certainly wasn't your fault." Griffin assured. 

"It kinda is." Harper sighed. 

"How so?" Griffin asked, knowing that it wasn't her fault at all whatsoever. 

"I don't know, I made you come back for me." Harper cried. He wiped her tears. 

"I would've anyway. Its not your fault. Please, don't cry, Harper." Griffin said. She wiped her tears. 

"How much pain are you in?" Harper asked. 

"Not a lot. I'm fine." Griffin lied, attempting a smile for Harper. Honestly, he was in a lot of pain. The struggle to not cry was killing Griffin. 

A few moments later, the radiologists came in with an x-ray screen. 

"Griffin Campbell, rib x-ray?" The woman asked. 

"That would be me. Yep." Griffin nodded. 

"Good luck, love. Feel better." Harper smiled. He smiled back and nodded, squeezing her hand. Sarah walked back in, taking Harper's place as she wandered back to the waiting room. 

"You held it together?" Sarah asked gently. Griffin nodded, wincing. "Oh, sweetie." 

"Okay, I'm gonna hold this over your torso and I need you to stay super still and take a couple deep breaths for me." The woman instructed. 

She snapped the pictures and exited the room. The doctor gave him some medicine for the pain and Griffin felt himself fall asleep. 

***********

He woke up a few hours later. Harper was sitting by his side. 

"Hey, babe. How you feeling?" Harper asked gently. 

"I'm fine." He lied. "Did my x-ray's come back yet?" 

Harper nodded with a sigh. 

"Four cracked ribs. You had quite a day." Harper chuckled humorlessly. 

"You're telling me. How did I crack my ribs, I didn't hit anything when I fell except my face on the ice." Griffin said, pointing to the slice on his temple, bandage covering most of it. 

"They had to do CPR on you and they had to do it quite harshly because you wouldn't wake up. I heard your ribs crack, it was horrible." Harper sighed. Griffin winced. 

"Ouch." He said. 

"Yeah." Harper trailed off. 

"How are you feeling?" Harper asked again. 

"I told you, Harp, I'm fine. How many times are you gonna ask, locker ninja?" Griffin teased. 

"However many times its gonna take for you to answer me truthfully." Harper said with an eyebrow raise. Griffin looked away. 

"I'm fine." He lied once more. 

"Griffin..." She warned. 

"Harper..." He shot back. 

"Griffin, you can talk to me. You don't have to sugarcoat things. I'm here for you too. I know you're in pain, its pretty evident in your features, so why are you lying about it?" Harper asked softly. Griffin gulped and looked away. "Now how are you REALLY feeling?" 

"I'm in a lot of pain. Every time I breathe, my ribs move up and down, and not in the way they're supposed to, and it hurts like hell. But then when I try not to breathe as much, then my lungs hurt. I don't know what's going on, and no matter how many pain meds they put me on, it just doesn't seem to do the trick." Griffin responded honestly. 

"Thank you. You don't have to act so tough all the time. I know you're strong, but you can't be strong all the time. And by the way, I can tell you're holding tears too. Crying doesn't make you weak, it just shows that you've been strong for too long. Let it out, Griff." Harper comforted. A tear fell and Harper delicately wiped it from his face. She smiled. "I love you." 

"I love you too, Harper." He responded. His eyes fell shut and he breathed heavily, pain increasing each time. Harper noticed his discomfort and ran her hand through his blonde hair and held his hand tightly. Every breath he took, he squeezed her hand through the pain and Harper at least was glad that he didn't have to act so tough around her. 

He knew now that he could let his walls down around Harper. 

"I love you, Griffin Campbell." She whispered into his ear. For the first time since the incident, Griffin Campbell broke into a real smile. 

**********

hope you guys liked it! how we feeling about me being active lol! this was so fun to write, so thank you Delight for letting me do the part 2! I'd love to do more collabs with you in the future! love you all, and please give me some requests! <3

WORD COUNT: 1401