Chapter 7 Preview

Charlie's POV

I had no idea what was going on. I was simply enjoying my sandwich while sitting on Adrian's lap. I don't know why but I hate the idea of leaving his embrace. I feel empty just thinking about it. Hence the reason why I clung to him while he was making my lunch.

I was in the middle of enjoying the delicious ham and cheese when Alpha Drake walked in looking smug about something. He was looking at me and Adrian like he knew something we didn't. Well that really isn't hard knowing something that I don't. I really don't know anything except the basics about pack life and even that knowledge is limited.

"How's my two favorite mates?" The smug Alpha asked.

I felt Adrian tense beneath me which just confused me even more. I heard the term mates before when I was younger but never got the chance to understand what it meant. I was told that when I was older it would be explained to me. Never really got the chance obviously.

I think Adrian and the Alpha are mates. That makes sense since their always together. Though I don't know what it makes them exactly. I just know they have some type of connection. I decided to voice my thoughts to the two men staring at each other. Except I couldn't talk so I hopped off of Adrian's lap, most likely scaring him, and ran to the drawer where I saw some paper earlier.

I ignore the questions the two are shooting at me and attempt to write my thoughts down on paper. It's hard since I haven't written anything down since I was six but thankfully it was recognizable.

I ran over and handed the paper to Alpha Drake who gave me a curious look before glancing down at the paper in his hand. I was expecting many differnent reactions but what I wasn't expecting was for him to burst out laughing. My handwriting can't be that bad can it?

My eyes watered on their own and I ran out the double doors to what I assume is the backyard. He didn't have to be so mean about it.