01. | Father's Day

"Happy father's day, papa" Rudra said, as he gave his father a hug as soon as he joined the table. Everyone smiled. While Om just settled for a smile. Tej was happy, happy enough that he was given a chance. And he understood that they were not at the best terms. Things like this take time.

Everything's has changed, yet nothing changed.

Shakti did too when Shivaay had looked up from his plate with his lips pressed tightly. He wasn't expecting anything as he never was the father his son deserved. They turned back to having breakfast, occasionally laughing at Rudra and Annika's bickering. Unaware that everyone was waiting for him to leave, Shivaay continued his breakfast in silence. They continued on with their work after having the breakfast.

"Basanti? Did he leave?" Om asked in the conference call.

"Yes, target has left the territory. We can begin our mission. Forwarding to Ramlal."

"Guys, why I was named Ramlal?" Rudra cried, clearly disliking his name.

"Do you think we have time for this Ramlal? I got the name Chulbul. That is my wife's old name!" Om said frustrated, as he spied on his brother's car, which had now left the Mansion's premises.

"Okay, now let's get to the plan!"

"Basanti?"

"I'm already preparing the card. Check!"

"Simran?"

"Check!"

"Angarey?"

"Decorations, check!"

"Ramlal, Chulbul, in the kitchen. Check!"

"Thakur?"

"Thakur!"

"Check! Shivaay sir is busy on a call."

"But sir, ma'am. Why'd I get the name Thakur?"

"Because that was the only name left. Be grateful that you didn't get Ramlal." Rudra grumbled as he whisked the batter.

"Khanna?"

"Yes sir. Sir-" the phone nearly dropped out of his hand at the sudden adressal.

Shivaay looked at him weirdly. "Are you okay? You're behaving quite odd." He observed.

"Do not mess this up, Thakur." He could hear the warning in Rudra and Om's voice as he gulped meeting his boss's eye who was looking at him suspiciously. Well there he goes. Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

"Thakur? Who's Thakur?"

"No one, sir. My kids and I have been playing a game. They gave me the character's name-"

"Taken from a movie?" Shivaay asked absent minded.

"Yes sir, world's best movie."

"Sholay?" To which Khanna nodded enthusiastic.

"But that voice, that voice was not of a kid-"

"It was my wife. She loves making different voices-" Khanna said quickly, before his boss could even finish his sentence.

Shivaay looked scandalized. That detail wasn't needed. He really did not need to know that.

Khanna looked horrified, when he understood what he had made out of his sentence.

"Sir I meant-"

"It's okay! It's okay, Khanna. I really do not need to know that!" Shivaay interrupted him chuckling nervously.