Chapter 25

“What do you want, Seth?” Jacob asks.

“You said to get you if there were any more vampire sightings, and we caught one trying to cross the border,” Seth says. “Figured you'd want to question them.”

Jacob gets up from the couch and bends down to kiss me. “I'm really sorry but I have to go. Find another one, and we can try again later. Seth, stay with Renesmee.”

Before I could even form words, he was out the door. I look at Seth a little embarrassed. I fix my clothes then invite him to take a seat. He sits where Jacob just vacated. 

“So. How are you doing?” He asks. “Let me guess. Frustrated? Dissatisfied? Feeling empty?”

“That's disgusting, Seth. What are you feeling? Jealous? Envious? Bone dry?” I ask.

“Now who's being disgusting?” He asks. “Seriously though. How are you?

“I'm okay, Seth. Would be better if you hadn't walked in, but I guess you had to,” I say.

“Sorry about that,” he says. “Do you have any idea why these vampires are after you?”

“Not a clue,” I say. 

“At least they seem to want you alive. That's promising. It will buy us some time if they ever do get you,” he says.

There's a knock on the door. Seth gets up and motions for me to be quiet. He looks through the peephole and then unlocks the door. My dad walks in, looking around.

“Where's Jacob?” He asks.

“He's dealing with another vampire,” Seth says. 

“Where?” He asks. “And what's that smell? Are you two–,”

“No,” we shouted in unison. 

“Seth imprinted on Gina, dad, and I don't want to have this embarrassing discussion,” I say.

“If you're embarrassed,  maybe you shouldn't be doing what you're doing. We’ll discuss this later. Where's Jacob?” 

I turned on the TV and scrolled through the channels as Seth gave dad directions. He left, and Seth returned to the couch. I handed the remote to him and laid down, putting my feet in his lap. I was out before he settled on a channel.

When I woke up, Gina was there and Sue had delivered some food. I warmed mine up in our new microwave, and we rented a movie on Vudu. We probably should make a rule about food in the living room, but for tonight, I don't care.

Jacob came home before the movie was over. He quietly sat down next to me, making my entire body aware of his presence. My body was burning for him, and he was just sitting there.

I re-crossed my legs, hoping he would get a whiff of my desire.

He inhaled deeply and then turned to me. He kissed my neck and then whispered, “Did you find another one?”

“Can we at least finish the movie? It's almost done,” Seth says. 

“I'll go look,” I say.

“Finish your movie,” Jacob says. “Lock up when you leave.”

Jacob chased me up the stairs. He picked me up and threw me on the bed. He closed the door, locking it behind him, likely hoping for two barriers between us and the world.

He wasted no time relieving me of my pants. I twisted away from him, trying to get my bag. He pulled me back by my ankle and flipped me over. He leaned over and kissed me passionately. I pulled him down on me, trying to get his pants off. 

I reached for my bag again, pulling it over to me. He took off my shirt. I took off his. I had my thumbs in his boxers, ready to pull them off when my phone rang.

“Don't answer it,” he says before starting a hickey on my thigh.

“What if it's important?” I ask.

He works his way up to my apex, removing my underwear. The phone stops ringing, but there's pounding on the front door. Jacob licks my slit and then begins to show me what his tongue can do. He felt so good.

My phone rings again. I grab it off the nightstand. I look at the caller ID and then say, “Jacob, stop. It's my dad.”

“Of course it is,” he says. “Get dressed, then come downstairs.” 

Jacob puts his pants back on and goes downstairs. I skipped the underwear and just put on my pants and shirt. When I get downstairs, I can hear them arguing.

“You don't think my daughter is good enough to wait for marriage?” My dad says

“Are you serious right now? I would give your daughter the world. Anything she wants. And I mean anything,” Jacob says.

“Sometimes that means not giving in to her every desire. Stop listening in and get over here,” my dad says. 

I make my way over to where they are. My dad looks livid. Jacob looks just as angry. I look between them and settle on my dad. “Jacob, can you leave us alone so I can talk to my father.”

Their heads quickly shift to me. “Please, Jacob.”

“I'll be upstairs if you need me,” he says, then enters the house.

I look at my dad and say, “What are you doing? Jacob didn't pressure me. I wanted this.”

“You're not thinking straight. You have an unfortunate thing happen to you, and that's how you're trying to cope,” he says.

“I want to be with Jacob, dad. That's got nothing to do with anything that happened to me,” I say.

“What? You deserve to be married. To have someone promise themselves to you. Not some, some tumble in the hay.”

“Dad, I'm not ready for marriage, but I am ready for this. Besides, I already have this,” I say, pulling on my promissory bracelet. “And I know what it means. Jacob is mine. He always has been.”

“Renesmee,” he says.

“I'll ask you to respect my wishes,” I say.

“You are my baby girl. I just want what's best for you. I guess I didn't realize you had grown up so much,” he says. “Of course I will respect your wishes. Just make the right ones.”

I run and give him a tight hug. I can feel he is holding back. “And don't forget you have school in the morning.”

I kiss him on the cheek, then hurry back upstairs. Jacob is lying on the bed with a condom on his chest. “Jacob, I don't think we should.”

“Whatever you wish, Renesmee.” he put the condom in a drawer and got out of bed.

“Where are you going?” I ask.

“i’m going to take care of this,” he says, indicating his erection. 

“Oh. Can I watch?” I ask, and he grins.