1.1 Gulmohar

Aarohi went back home. Manjiri did their aarti and welcomed them inside. Aarohi was sitting on the bed holding her baby. Everyone was standing around them.
A house help entered the room and said "Aarohi ji aapne Kahan tha na ki jab aap baby ko leke Ghar aayenge toh ek gulmohar ki choti si plant mangvaake rakhu. Toh laayi thi."

Aarohi planted the tree in the backyard which was visible from the window of their room. She was watering the plant and she had tears in her eyes.
"Aaru tujhe aaram karni chahiye aur tu yeh ped laga Rahi hai" said Kairav.
Aaru immediately wiped her tears and said "I know bhaiyya aur ho Gaya Jaa Rahi hu aaram karne"
And she started moving inside the house and Kairav was helping her.
Kairav-"Aur tuh yeh ped kyu laga Rahi hai itni kya zarurat pad gayi"
Said Kairav making her sit on the bed.
Aarohi-(looking at the baby)"Neil hota toh vohi lagata"
Kairav's smile vanished and he left the room.
Aarohi kissed the baby's forehead and smiled and slept beside her caressing her soft little cheek same as Neil used to do.

❄️
"Aarohi tum saree nahi dress pehno you won't be able to carry it."
"Neil I'm just a month pregnant and I can carry. It's just a saree."
"Thik hai" said Neil and they left for a family function.
They were at a wedding and the bride's bidaai was happening.
Neil was constantly looking at Aarohi's tummy and secretly crying.
Aarohi noticed him and took him aside.
Aarohi-"Kya hua tum itna emotional kyu ho rahe ho? Nishtha ki shaadi ke liye bohot time hai abhi."
Neil-"Main humare beti ke liye emotional ho raha tha"
Aarohi-"kya... Humare baby abhi aaya hi nahi"
Neil- "I know"
Aarohi- "aur tumhe kaise pata ki beti hi hogi"
Neil-"mujhe pata hai"
Aarohi just looked at his confident face and smiled.
They were driving back home and Neil stopped the car in the way.
Aarohi-"kya hua tumne gaadi kyun rok diya?"
Neil-"chalo mere saath"
Aarohi went with him.
Aarohi-"hum yeh anaad aashram kyun aaye?"
Neil-"Maa ne mujhe yahi se adopt Kiya"
Aarohi looked at him. He looked at her back and said "woh gulmohar ki ped dikh Raha hai woh meri favourite spot hai. Mai humesha uske niche betha rehta tha."
Aarohi-"hum wahan nahi jaa sakte kya ab?"
They went in and sat under the tree holding each other's hands.
Neil-"jis din humari beti paida hogi us din hum humare backyard main ek gulmohar ki ped lagaaenge.. humari beti usi ke saath saath badi hogi. Aur jab voh shaadi karke chali jayegi hum us ped main humare bachi ko dekh ke baaki zindagi jee lenge. Ek dusre ke saath" said Neil and kissed her forehead and he gave a kiss to his baby by kissing his palm and then touching her tummy.
❄️

Aarohi smiled to herself and said "Tumne sahi kaha Neil humari beti hi Hui lekin jab voh badi hoke Hume bidaa karke jaayegi to main akeli pad jaaungi in saath mahino ki tarah."
Aarohi wiped her tears,took Neil's photo from the side table and smiled again
"Lekin tab mere saath humare beti ke liye tumhari gulmohar ki ped hogi. Main us ped main sirf baby ko hi nahi tumhe bhi dekh ke jee lungi."

Manjiri-"Aarohi yeh juice pee lo"
Aarohi was drinking the juice when all the other family members arrived.
Nishtha came and sat on the bed with a book and a paper and said
"Bhabhi yeh kuch cute trending names hai baby ke liye aap dekh lo"
Aarohi-"Maine baby ke liye naam soch liya"
Everyone were excited to hear the name.
Nishtha-"bhabhi batao Naa kya naam hai?"
Kairav-"Neil ne kuch rakha tha kya?"
Aarohi-"Neil ne baby ke names ki zimmedari mujh par chor diya tha, kaash main tab hi rakhti par... Khair ab naam pe aate hai."
Manish-"batao beta kya naam hai"
Aarohi-"mujhe baby ke liye Aisa naam rakhna tha jise pukaarte hue mujhe humesha Neil ki yaad aaye. Aur jab Maine baby ko pehli baar apni haath mein liya tab us pal mein mujhe aisa laga ki yeh baby Neil ki rooh hai aur jaise hi maine use chua toh meri rooh ko Neil ki ehsaas hui. Toh iski naam us ek pal ki yaad dilaayegi. ROOHI. MERI NEIL KI ROOH.

How was the chapter.
I was constantly smiling while writing it and I'm sure you guys were even smiling while reading.
And the scene where "Kairav was helping Aarohi to go into the house" I was about to write Neil by mistake in place of Kairav's name😓.
And end of the part.

Do vote and comment.