𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 (𝟐)

Start bij het begin

it was kyle jefferson and his band of delinquents. they were the ones who beat you up and robbed you last time, which led you to meet the blonde haired boy, but it seemed like they surprisingly knew each other as well.

kyle jefferson claimed to be the 'king' of the streets and his friends to be the 'king's knights', which were such stupid titles by the way.

"kyle... i'm afraid i don't have any money right now." you said through clenched jaws.

"really? that's a shame." he pouted. "what about your little boyfriend?"

"i don't have any either." he pried your hand from his shirt, turning to face him. "find someone else to mess with."

kyle tutted in disappointment, shaking his head at both of your responses. "tut tut. if my citizens don't pay up, the king should punish them, no?"

him and his band of delinquents were slowly approaching you. your gaze lowered onto his hand and saw he was holding a knife.

"fuck." you cursed.

without a moment to spare, you ran.

the blonde boy did the same as he too had no weapon to defend himself.

you darted down the narrow alleyways, running as fast as your legs could go, desperately trying to lose them amidst the maze-like streets of new york.

you were met with a tall fence and you quickly started to climb it — but yells, grunts and groans stopped you from going further. you looked behind you, seeing that kyle and the others had caught up with the blonde. they were latching onto him like a leech, holding him tightly, making it difficult for him to break free and retaliate.

you contemplated whether or not to leave the boy and avoid getting into more hot water with kyle, but the angel on your shoulder was telling you to help him and maybe make an ally on the streets, which would honestly be beneficial.

"give me money or i'll slice your neck open." kyle threatened in a low voice, slowly approaching the pliable blonde like a predator, bringing out his knife.

you ended up following the angel.

you got down from the fence and one of the guys noticed you didn't take the opportunity to escape, so he lunged at you, fists swinging. you dodged the attack, making him stumble and fall.

you bent down, grabbing a broken pipe from the ground and swung it towards kyle's head.

as his men were taken aback by your move, the blonde boy kicked one of them by the abdomen, causing him to loosen his grip. he then used his free arm to punch the other one still latching onto him.

"come on." you said hurriedly.

as they were all writhing on the dirty ground, you took the blonde's hand. you climbed the fence together and dropped down, going to different directions, through different alleyways, to possibly lose them.

when you felt safe enough, you stopped running, trying to catch your breaths.

you didn't notice your hand was still holding his and neither did he.

when you did, you both retracted as if you touched lava.

he coughed awkwardly.

and you wanted to slap yourself.

"you came back for me." he started.

"yeah..."

"you could've left me behind, but you didn't."

"i guess..."

"thank you." he sent you a small smile.

"no need to thank me." you couldn't help but smile back. "it's basic human decency."

"what do you have to say about pickpocketing then?"

"uh–"

"kidding." he chuckled at your reaction. "i'll let it slide. i mean, it's just three dollars anyway."

"i'm just trying to survive." you sighed.

"do you live around these parts?"

you deadpanned. "no, i live in all these parts."

he slowly realized what you meant. "oh– oh, shit! i'm sorry–"

"don't be. i don't want your pity." you cut him off. "i was born like this."

"what?"

"enough questions."

he zipped his mouth.

and there was silence between you two for a while.

"based on what kyle said earlier, you like treasure hunting too?" he was the first to break the silence.

"it's been an interest of mine for a long time." you simply replied.

"what kind of treasure?"

"anything really. blackbeard's treasure, henry avery's treasure, but what piqued my interest the most is probably... the infamous eighteen's treasure. i'm hoping to find it one day."

"you know all about them. impressive." he hummed in satisfaction.

"i'd visit a certain cafe to watch the geographic channel." you explained, shrugging your shoulders.

"what's your name, by the way?"

"(name) (last name). you?"

"i like your name. it suits you."

you furrowed your brows.

"oh! right, my name? it's sam, sam drake."

'sam drake? not gonna lie, it suits him as well.'

he looked down at his watch, noticing how late it was. "i gotta go. my brother's waiting for me."

"okay." you nodded.

before going, he uttered: "i'll see you again, right?"

you snorted. "maybe. i'll be anywhere."

he chuckled at that and headed back to his place or wherever he lived.

'interesting.'

a/n:

i think runaway baby by bruno mars or
bang bang by k'an really fits this chapter. btw kyle jefferson is just a character i made up, so you can imagine him as anyone.

i'm surprised on how successful this book turned out to be and i'm really really grateful. i can't wait to write the sequel 🫶