Dawn shook her head, smiling gently at the skyrider as they withdrew fromeach other. She often wished she could see past the helmet, but Nightshade's identity was a secret for a reason. If it could protect the vigilante, then she'd deal with it.

"Sure, be nice to the ladies," Knox grumbled.

"Do you think I could ask for one last favor for the day, Dawn?" Nightshade asked, completely ignoring the boy.

The affirmation on Dawn's part was immediate; attending to Nightshade and the rest of the crew's needs was the most she could do for the skyrider who's given her a second chance at life.

The skyrider reached behind to push a figure of flesh and machinery clad in what looked like dirty rags forward. The surprised curiosity on Dawn's face was met by a soft chuckle from Nightshade. "I don't think I need to explain why we have to hide him."

The Galactic Army would imprison the cyborg in a heartbeat. They had always feared the different, the unknown, and it often resulted to rash and cruel alternatives to assuage their fear. Dawn offered an understanding nod, knowing full well that she also fell under the risk of being held captive by the Galactic Army because of her unusual disability. Anyone that was less than fully functional was subject to scrutiny, with the founding belief that it was a curse bestowed upon those who rebeled against the Confederate.

In a sense the sentiment regarding disability and rebellion being intricately linked was half true on Dawn's part, but it was pure coincidence. No matter how different the disabled were, they were still people, and should be treated as such.

Dawn smiled inwardly. Those thoughts hadn't even belonged in her head before she had found a home in Beta. Alpha residents never questioned the Confederate and its rules; Beta residents didn't have any rules. At least, not those that the Confederate would consider as rules.

Knox flicked his hair over his shoulder, addressing Nightshade with a scoff. "We wouldn't have to hide him if you and your bleeding heart didn't take him in."

Nightshade nodded at Dawn in thanks, placing a gloved hand on her shoulder. The vigilante then threw a quick glance over the shoulder at Knox, retorting, "I wouldn't have to hide you either if me and my bleeding heart didn't take you in."

Knox quieted at that, his lips pursing in defeat.

"Enough," Aurora said, emerging from the sidelines. She glanced at her pocketwatch, noting how late it was by the glowing holographic numbers. "Time to go home and catch as much sleep as we can before heading to the Conservatoire."

Nightshade gave Dawn one last squeeze on the shoulder before patting Sky on the head. "See you two soon."

"I'll work on the ship," Sky promised.

"Take it easy. Help Dawn out with the chores too, okay? And keep an eye out for Ace, make sure he doesn't get into any hanky panky," Nightshade said, half joking.

Sky did a proper salute like Nightshade had taught her to do, grinning toothily as she executed it smoothly. "Yessir!"

Nightshade saluted back in reply before turning around to address Ace. The air was heavy between them, filled with things left unsaid. Ace had gone mysteriously broody and quiet after the big revelation, so Nightshade decided to give the cyborg some space. But now, some parting remarks were in order.

"Look, I have other responsibilities to fulfill so I have to go, but I'll be back as soon as I can. If you still want my help by then, we'll talk. If you don't, then fuck you for changing your mind because of that extremely irrelevant detail that you will keep to yourself from now on." The 'or else' was heavily implied, and all Ace could do was nod tightly, eyes hooded as he stared at the glass of the skyrider's dark helmet.