He coughs once and blood spurts out of his mouth

My heart rate picks up and I quickly pull the knife out and back away.

He winces and coughs crazily as he falls against the ground instantly. And I breathe shakily and back away. My heart rate is through the roof and I feel like I'm about to throw up.

Blood spurts out of his mouth as he coughs painfully against the ground. I back away, shocked at what I had just done.

I start breathings fast and I feel as if I'm getting lightheaded just watching him painfully cough and writhe in pain. He's panting and gripping his chest.

The guards grab me and I gasp and they quickly pull me away and I want to shout out to tell them to stop but I remember I need to keep my act on.

The turn my body the opposite direction and immediately start speed walking me away. I'm making panicked breathing. Tom is left all alone.

I hear his body fully thump against the ground.

I just breathe quickly and bite my tongue refraining myself from talking or looking back.

"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" One of the guard asks me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and I just let out a shaky exhale and I am trying not to cry. My chest is rising up and down over and over again way more faster than it needs to be.

"Calm down, you're safe now, you did the right thing." One of the other soldiers puts their arm behind my back and escorts me away.

"He won't hurt you anymore." Another scout says and they all take me away.

I breathe shakily and I shakily turn my head around to look at Tom as they try escorting me away.

He was still struggling to stay alive. He was trembling.