Family Stories

Poppy was wide awake in bed and it was really late, she hadn't been able to sleep and she went to bed extra early. Being queen means sacrificing your sleep schedule, and she's been trying to make up for it...but it was a lot harder than she thought it would be.

Viva: Poppy...?

Poppy sat up and saw Viva standing at her doorway.

Viva: ¿Qué te pasa, hermanita? What's the matter?

Poppy: Oh Viva...I just can't seem to sleep, my mind's racing like a minecart.

Viva sat on the edge of her little sister's bed and brushed her bangs back.

Viva: Pobrecita...I think I know what'll help.

Poppy: What...?

Viva took a frame out of her hair and showed it to Poppy.

Viva: Have I ever told you about Mom, Poppy?

Poppy looked at the photo and held it in her hands.

Viva: That's her.

Poppy: Really...?

Viva: Yeah...you would've really liked her.

Poppy looked up at Viva, then back at the photo in her hands.

Poppy: ...What was she like, Viva?

Viva: Oh chica, you would've loved her, she was the sweetest Troll I knew...she never gave up on you...even when she was pregnant with you.

Viva laid down next to Poppy, their hands both linking together.

Poppy: Really...?

Viva: Mom wasn't a quitter...I think you get you unbroken spirit from her, Poppy.

Poppy: You think so?

Viva looked at Poppy and gently touched her cheek.

Viva: You really look like her...you have all her features, I see a bit of her in you.

Poppy looked down as soon as Viva said that, then she looked at the photo. She really did look like her late mom...she had all the same facial features she did, the only difference was her hair and freckles.

Poppy: I wish I could've known her, Vivi, the way you describe her makes me wish she were still here.

Viva: ...Hey, Poppy, mind if I take you somewhere?

Poppy: Where?

Viva: Trust me.

Viva took Poppy's hand and led her outside. She took her up a high hill and they sat down together, overlooking all of Pop Village and getting a perfect view of the starry sky.

 She took her up a high hill and they sat down together, overlooking all of Pop Village and getting a perfect view of the starry sky

Poppy: What's this, Viva?

Viva: This is where Mom used to take me when I was little. Whenever I couldn't sleep, she would just bring me up here.