"You're on the fucking team" Qadence yelled as she saw me. All the girls ran up to me, cheering around me before we all settled down.

"Maia Parker" KK yelled as she marched up to me. "Since when do you play basketball?" She questioned me with her hands on her hips.

"Since I was three" I told the girl. She looked over to Nika, who was sitting there looking at me with a smile on her face.

"Nika, you knew" Ice said pointing to the girl, whose face was giving it away. "Duh, I'm her best friend" She said rolling her eyes.

I looked over to the blonde, who was sitting at her locker, face full of shock. "You good P?" I asked the girl, who then looked up at me. "I'm just fucking surprised" She said shaking her head smiling.

"Wait so, is this your first time playing college basketball?" Ashlynn asked me, I turned and looked at the girl, shaking my head 'no'.

"Wait what?" Qadence exclaimed. They all looked over to me, and I looked at Nika, pleading for help with my eyes.

"Guys, stop asking all these questions. To answer your question Q, she played at DePaul" Nika said and a bunch of them gasped.

"Girls, Geno is calling for you" Olivia said as she came into the gym.

After Geno and I signed the contract, he asked me to help him 'hire' someone to fill my role. I talked to Nika and Kayla about it and they said I should talk to Liv, so that's what I did. I've been training her on the day to day basics, while she's also been working with the whole staff.

I walked over to my locker to change my shoes, I though everyone else had left the room, but I felt someones presence behind me. When I looked up I saw Paige standing by the door waiting for me.

Tying my second shoes, I stood up heading towards the girl. "I can't believe you didn't tell me" She said with a pout on her face.

"It was finalized the other day" I said as I placed my hand on her cheek, she tilted her head into my palm.

"We're gonna party tonight" She said with a big smile on her face. "I don't know about that" I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"What the fuck did I tell you about doin that shit" Paige said as she grabbed my jaw, and pulled my face towards hers. We were only inches away from each other, I could feel her breath.

"You'll fuck it out of me" I said mocking the girl, which made her smirk at me. "Wait till tonight, we can count it as your welcome gift" She said before she placed her soft, plump lips on mine.

My right hand found it's way to the back of her head, my fingers gripping her long, blonde hair. Her hand moved from my jaw, down to my waist, lightly gripping me.

"Fuck" Paige said as she pulled away. "We can finish this later, I'm coming over yours" She said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Who said you can come over?" I questioned the girl. "Me duh" She said before turning around and walking into the gym.

Shaking my head at the girl, I opened the door to the gym but was met with something hard. "Fuck" I said as I rubbing my nose. I looked up to see Paige's back. "Shit, I'm sorry" Paige said quickly turning around to check on me.

"It's ok, why'd you stop?" I questioned the girl. "Oh um, Kaitlyn freaking Brown is here" She said and I looked past the girl to see my mom talking with Geno and the other coaches.

"Oh I know" I said shrugging and walking past the girl. I turned to look at her and she was still standing there, mouth wide open. "Come on" I said as I waved the girl over.

She hesitantly walked towards me, before I grabbed her hand and pulled her to where my mom was. "Hi mom" I said as we walked up to them. "Hey sweetie" She said placing her hand on my head and giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"I wanted to introduce you to Paige" I said as I moved to the side, so the blonde was standing directly in front of my mom. "Hi Paige, I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you" Mom said as she extended a hand towards Paige, who was just smiling and genuine 'awe'.

"It's nice to meet you too" Paige said as she shook my moms hand. "I'm a hugger" Mom said before she pulled the girl into a hug.

As they pulled away, my moms 'fourth child' ran over to her. "Momma K" Nika said running up my mom hugging her. "Hi baby, how are you?" Mom asked looking at my best friend.

I looked away from their interaction at Paige, who was smiling ear to ear. "What is your problem?" I asked the girl, laughing at her. "I just hugged Kaitlyn Brown" She said before she started jumping up and down.

Looking at the girl, I couldn't help but laugh at her behavior. "Y'all are gonna be best friends" I said, thinking about how similar my mom and Paige are.

"Oh please" She said clapping her hands into a 'prayer' motion, I just laughed at the girl. I've seen her silly side, but not like this. "Alright, lets get to it. Kaitlyn here is gonna be helping me coach today, so don't embarrass me" Geno said grabbing everyones attention.

"I'm coaching with Geno, don't embarrass me Maia" Mom said looking over at me with a eyebrow raised. "Girl you don't gotta worry" I said before Geno blew his whistle signaling for us to start our warm ups.

Authors Note

another chapter, ima bout to stop spoiling y'all.

What do y'all think?

Thank you so much for reading!

All your love and support means everything. Make sure you guys follow and check out our other books!