1.03

Kocho

"I'm not a stalker. Totaly not a stalker. I'm just...collecting information for the PM!" I thought to myself as I listened. It's been almost an hour, I was on my third or fourth cup of tea and I ordered something to eat too, yet they were still here. The white haired boy, Atsushi if I'm correct, ate a lot. It's like he starved for a week or something.

They were chatting, more calmly and quietly this time. I didn't really care until the conversation took an unexpected turn. I froze when I heard 'tiger'. I listened more carefully. They were talking about a feral man eating tiger. I knew about the case, but not much. Akutagawa took the job of captureing it before I could speake. It was rather annoying. But Dazai and his partner being after it too made me curious. I'm gonna have to warn Akutagawa about it. What threw me off, however, was that they were from the Armed Detective Agency. I gripped my mug. That bich! Not only does he betray the Port Mafia, but he also goes to work for the enemy organization. That's worst than a betrayal! Still a betrayal though, but it hurts more.

After that I spaced out again, I only snapped out of it thanks to the ringing of my phone. I looked at the screen, on which Chuuya's name appeared. I looked at the owner, who shot me a glare, apologetically and picked up the pohne.

- Yeah? What's up? - I said in a low tone

- Where are you? You were supposed to be home by now! - he answered. I looked at the time. It was almost seven o'clock. I cursed under my breath. I was supposed to be home by six at least.

- Sorry, I got lost. I'm in a restaurant. I'll be home soon. - I whispered

- Hurry up! And don't get into trouble! - he said and hung up. Oh boy I'm in trouble! But I can't really leave until Dazai and his party leaves, so Chuuya's gonna have to wait. I quickly turned off the volume on my phone and waited. It's funny how, even after exiting my life, Dazai managed to get me into trouble. 

Finally, after around ten minutes, they stood up. Or, the blond man, at least. So I suspected Dazai and Atsushi will leave soon as well. And they did, a little later. The minute they had their backs to me I asked for the bill. I quickly payed and went out.  When I got on the street they were still pretty close. I looked at the GPS, and then the two people. I debated for a few seconds before giving in and following them from afar. Just enough for me to not loose sight of them, but not enough for them to notice me. Although Dazai probably knew that I'm there, by the looks of it he didn't care. 

After wandering around a bit we got to a warehouse on the port. They went through the front entrance, and obviously I could't do that. So I went around the back, looking for a way to get in. And after a good ten minutes I did find an entrance, unfortunately it was an open window. And even though I'm taller than Chuuya, I don't have the ability to fly like him. So the best thing I've got is a hook. I quickly used my ability to create a pistol that can fire a hook on a rope. I shot and the hook hooked on the window. I carefully started to climb, makeing sure I don't make any noise. I climbed up the window, and hopped down, to what seemed like the first floor. Once I reached the inside of the warehouse I turned the hook pistol back into a card and hid behind a few wooden boxes. That's when it hit me. I froze and it seemed like the rational me returned. 

"What the hell am I doing here, exactly?" I thought to myself. Unfortunately, I did not have an answer to that. I was at loss. I didn't know why I followed Dazai and the other boy. Was I just curious? Did I want to help Akutagawa with the weretiger case? Did I still...care? My thoughts were raceing. "Well, now that I'm here, I shouldn't let this opportunity go to waste. I should see what's next." I finally thought. I still didn't know why the hell I followed them, but I think I'll make the most of it. 

So I went closer to where their voices were comeing from. But, as the fucking dumbass I can be sometimes, of course I managed to cnock down a metal rod from a box. And they call me the best assasin in Japan. Thirteen years of experience stained by a single wrong move and internal conflict. 

-I-I just heard something back there - I heard Atsushi's voice. In my mind I slapped myself as I stiffened. I'm about to get caught for sure!

- Yeah. - Dazai answered nonchalantly. 

- I bet that's the tiger, Dazai-san! - Atsushi panciked. 

- No, the wind just cnocked something down. - Dazai replied. I let out a sigh in relief. Maybe I'm not gonna get arrested, but he definitely knows I'm here. With silent steps I walked closer to where I can actually see what's going on. I listened to Dazai talk about the tiger and  it's case. By that time I knew what's going on. And, just as I expected, by the time I found a spot to carefully spy on the sitIuation, Atsushi was turning into a white tiger. He immediately started attacking Dazai, who was swiftly dodging him. They were destroying the wooden boxes in the process, so I quickly retreated into an other spot. And just in time, since Atsushi immediately destroyed my previous hiding spot a few moments after I left it. I just watched, I didn't have to interfiere. I knew Dazai didn't need help with this. And soon enough he turned Atsushi back into a young man useing his ability. 

In that moment the bold hair man appeared, alnog with a bunch of other people. I guessed they were all part of the agency, so I retreated behind a box and waited. I obviously had to wait for a while untill they leave so I can go home. In the meantime I noticed that I have four missed calls from Chuuya, one incomeing. I texted him, saying that I can't pick up and I'll explain later. I cursed under my breath. I'm in trouble. Big big trouble. Honestly, getting caught and going to prison didn't seem so bad now...

In the backround I heard Atsushi shriek, and the corner of my mouth lifted up. It was quite funny. But it immebiately turned into a displeased frown when I heard that Dazai invited him to join the Armed Detective Agency. I'm gonna have to inform Akutagawa about it. As for how I got the info, I'll just tell a lie. I'm good at that anyways. But they were leaving now at last, so that's a plus.

- Dazai! Are you comeing? - I heard the blond haired mans voice. I stiffened once again. Oh God he's not going.

- I'll stay a little longer. You guys go ahead. - I heard his answer, he obviously had playfull smirk on his lips, I heard it in his voice. But he knows I'm here. And, after a few minutes of complete silence, he spoke again - I know you're there. Come out.

**********************************

Well, this chapter was boring, even though I tried to make it as exciting as possible. 😮‍💨🥲