Part 1: Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Love, I got a phone call from a record label..." he starts off eagerly. "They want to sign me!"

As soon as Harry registers what he just heard he runs and jumps into Louis. Startled, Louis loses balance and lightly falls to the ground. Harry is now straddling him and kissing him all over his face, repeating over and over how proud he is of Louis. Overjoyed with the great news, they don't notice Louis' mum taking pictures, or Louis' sisters gagging and giggling.

it's Sunday, Louis, and Harry are saying goodbye. The record label is based in London so Louis is going there for a week, and coming back next Monday. Although Harry is going to miss Louis, he is so excited for his boyfriend and recognizes that this is such an amazing opportunity.

"Bye baby, I'll be back before you know it" Louis reassured Harry. They kiss each other passionately before Louis climbs into his car and drives off.

It was now Monday, it had been a little over a week since Louis left.

Harry missed him so much. Although they did call and text it wasn't often, Louis was busy in between sessions at the studio and meetings with management. Harry understood, but he was still upset. He felt neglected every time his boyfriend declined the call or texted short, quick, and dry messages.

Harry had gone over to the Tomlinson's house that morning even though Louis only arrived at noon. He just couldn't wait to see his boyfriend. But when it reached dark, and Louis said there was a delay, Harry went back home. He felt so disappointed. He stayed up waiting, anticipating, and pacing. When it reached six in the morning, Harry still hadn't gone to sleep yet so he forced himself to close his eyes and drift off as the sun rose.

When he woke up the next morning, he immediately called Louis. Thankfully, Louis answered.

"They are keeping me here one more day, I'm sorry baby." Harry could hear Louis sigh through the phone, "I'll see you tomorrow though."

"Alright," Harry said, clear disappointment in his tone, "I miss you so much sun, you can't even imagine."

Louis chuckled, Harry could see Louis shaking his head, his scruffed-up hair becoming even more messy, his eyes shining.

"I love you!"

"Love you more, see you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow!" and with that, Harry hung up.

"I'm moving to London in 3 weeks," Louis said bluntly.

Harry looked at Louis dumbfounded.

"I'm moving to London in 3 weeks and we can't be together anymore," Louis added.

"No," Harry is holding back tears now, "no, no, no, no."

"I'm starting a big career, Harry, what I always wanted, what you always pushed me to do." He breathed slowly, "I'm turning 19 soon and you're only 16, you still have two more years of school left. If I'm in London working all the time, I won't have time to come visit you. You won't be able to handle it."

Harry looks at him in disbelief. Call him selfish but he wanted his boyfriend to stay "No Louis, you can't. You can still live here and go to London whenever it's needed." Harry begged, "Please I can't live without you. I love you." Harry's lips are trembling, he can't hold it back anymore.

"Harry you don't understand, it's not going to work out, you're being clingy, this is exactly why it's not going to work. You're still in school, I'm an adult now, and I'm starting a demanding career. I love you but maybe if you were older it could be fine, but you're not." Harry wanted to die, he was crying onto Louis' shirt, holding onto him with everything. Louis was getting agitated. (a/n: you said if we had been closer in age maybe it would've been fine, and that made me want to die)

"Please, Lou! We can make it work, please! I love you! Please!" He looked up at Louis as he begged. He couldn't read him.

Louis stepped away from Harry. Harry, with nothing to hold onto, fell to the ground choking up sobs. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no" He kept repeating as he clutched his knees, his knuckles were white.

He doesn't know how long he stayed like that, but by the time he stopped crying, Louis was gone. He wasn't mad, he was sad. No matter how upset he was he would always love Louis, he would do anything for Louis. Love was mean. Love hurts. He'd always known that, he didn't think he'd ever see that reality with Louis though. Harry loved Louis, so he'd let him go. Even if he didn't want to. Harry was Louis' ride or die, he would always stick by Louis but he can't anymore. Louis wanted a career, to grow up. Harry was still a child, who wanted nothing more than to die right now.