142. Outside of the order

Start from the beginning

She gave him a soft smile, he looked back at her forearm again.

What is it with him and my arm, she thought.

Maybe he could see she was magically blurring her scar, and what lied on top of it.

"Didn't have plans, so here I am" she replied.

"I've been told you're a good duelist, but that your shields are shit."

"Who said that?" she asked.

"Hello everyone" Remus welcomed the group. "Thank you all for coming" he smiled. "Kingsley sends his apologies, he got called in."

He took a look around the room, he threw a smile her way before beginning the class.

"Let's get started" he nodded.

Remus showed wand movements that hit a dummy.

He then went on and taught everyone how to create a shield.

After fifteen minutes of working with groups, he decided that everyone would duel a person they hadn't known.

To Spencer's luck, there was an uneven number of people.

So of course Remus paired her with himself.

Since Severus' training, she had gotten better.

More flexible.

Her movements were sharp and precise, Severus had said so himself.

"Ready?" he asked her.

She nodded.

Remus threw the first spell, it was a weak one.

Spencer threw it to the side before throwing an impediment hex, he shielded himself before it was able to hit him.

After five minutes, she got bored.

She wasn't learning anything. He wasn't challenging her.

"I know you're better than this" she taunted. "I'm not just some girl. I'm the enemy, is this how hard you'll go when you're out there?"

Remus threw a hex her way, she grabbed it before sending it right back.

It knocked the air out of him.

That's what she wanted.

Something that upped the stakes.

This was real.

Ten minutes passed as different colors flew from their wands.

Her next spell was supposed to replicate the pain needles cause, the moment she threw it she knew she had done it too quickly.

Sparks left her palm as Remus tried to block it but wasn't quick enough.

She had caused a cut on his cheek bone.

She brought down her arms as she saw blood streaming down.

It quickly healed back up.

Spencer stared back at him, wide eyed at what she had done.

"Good job, Venus" Moody congratulated, placing his hand on her shoulder.

Remus wiped the blood off of him, looking at it before he looked up at her.

They stared at one another for a few seconds before Spencer walked out of there.

She quickly grabbed her jacket and put it on.

"You okay?" Sirius asked as he got up from the couch, watching her leave.

"Spencer-" Remus called out for her.