Chapter 1- Monster

Chapter 1

Song: Monster (Paramore)

I know i havent been that sucsessful with my other book, but i will keep writing it. I will also be writing this on the side, hopefully it will be more successful.

Hope you like it! XOXOXO

-Em

_______________________________________________________________________________

Drew...the PERFECT gift that came to me after my Change. That was all that was in my mind at that very moment.

Speaking of Drew, he was walking towards me. Oh goodness, was I ready to face him after what happened? What would I say to him? What would he say to me? Most importantly, what would he do?

I turned my head so it was facing my locker door. The mirror inside reflected him, his face showed that he saw me.

I closed my eyes and focused on my happy thoughts. Things that popped into my head were your normal happy thoughts: flowers, sunshine, friends, and family, but one stood out more than others: blood.

My eyes opened immediately, my mouth started watering; in the mirror I saw my eyes turn a scary scarlet. I turned around, and everything and everyone I saw was covered in a shade of red that seemed oddly comforting.

Drew had stopped at his friend’s locker; he was smiling and laughing. He also had claw marks on his face and a bandaged arm. Oddly, he turned and looked at me. I looked away.

He must have seen the red in my eyes because he said goodbye to his friend and walked over to me. He grabbed my arms in his hands and shook me like he was trying to wake me up.

"Claire! Look at me, Claire!" he seemed to be yelling at me, but I didn’t know for sure because my bloodlust was blocking my hearing. I ignored him. "Don’t ignore me! Look at me, NOT at them."

I looked at him. Everything cleared when I looked into his light blue eyes. Out of all the red, that blue shined through. His words came again, but this time they didn’t sound like yelling.

"Claire, look at me. Ignore the bloodlust, you’re not a monster."

"Yes I am," My voice was nothing but a whisper, but he heard it and shook his head. I didn’t give him a chance to speak, I kept talking, "I am a monster, and I shouldn’t be here. I should be with the others. I WANT to be with the others! The only reason I’m still here is because YOU brought me back when I asked you NOT to."

I looked away from him again. I wasn’t lying, I didn’t want to be here; I wanted to be running through the forest with the others. I wanted to be with my family in Scotland. Drew had insisted I come back to Ohio with him, apparently people would miss me.

No one has said anything to me since I got back. Not a word, just evil glares. I didn’t know why they hated me so much. Was it because I hung out with Drew? Or was it that I look different than I did before school let out? I went with that they hated the fact that last year I hung out with the Capricorn, this year, not so much.

"I brought you here so you wouldn’t turn into one of them and just be yourself again."

"What do you mean by 'them'?"

"I mean those bloodsucking freaks who turned you into this thing." He pointed to the mirror I was standing in front of, pointing at the red in my eyes.

"You mean the Capricorn?" He nodded, "They didn’t turn me into anything. I was born like this. My family are the royal family! And thanks to you they think I’m dead!" I slammed my locker door shut. I spun around to face him, "I’m not that girl anymore Drew! I’m not the girl who hung out with the Capricorn so I wouldn’t get picked on. I’m also not the shy little girl I used to be ether. So if you think you can make me normalagain you need to wake up! I’M DIFFERENT NOW! YOU CAN’T CHANGE ME BACK! I want my family to know I’m still alive. You cant stop me. Whether you like it or not!" I pushed past him. He turned around to yell after me.

"Where are you going?"

"Home!" I ran down the hall.

Why did he not want me to change? Did he like the old me? I didn’t like the old me!

I liked the new me! I had amazing powers, gifts if you will. I could remember when it all started, the day I found out that the Capricorn and my family were vampires. The day my life changed forever...

I’ll start off with the final day of school last year....

____________________________________________________________________________

A lot of people say that this chapter is being rushed, and that Claire is bipolar. Well she is and thats how i write, keep up. The rest of the book isnt that rushed i dont think so if you like the story continue to read it. Thanks!! :)

Like, Comment, Vote!

Love Yall! XOXOXOXO

-Em