Introduction

Thank you for coming to read this new Rewrite of Shadows of the Past.

In case you're confused, this is book 2 of the rewrite. If you have not read the first, please go to my page and read Five Nights at Freddy's: The Lost Souls [Reboot]

If you know who I am, then welcome back. It's been a long while since I wrote one of these books. You may recognize the title of this story. And you are correct! This is a remake. I have decided to revisit my series of FNAF stories and give them a fresh coat of paint. I'll be removing cringe, ships, and elements I disliked. What will remain is the core narrative that I initially intended.

If you're confused about the title, yes I did skip Origins, Out with the Old and will not be adapting Tales from the Pizzeria. For the sake of you readers and my sanity, Shadows of the Past will be a single novella with elements of each of these remixed into a new cohesive story that fits in with the lore of the new universe.

And before we begin, a small disclaimer:

Don't expect accuracy to the widely accepted lore. After all, what fun is a story that you already know what will happen? Names, locations, timelines and events will NOT line up with the widely accepted timelines proposed by Game Theory, FuhNaff, ID's Fantasy or any other YouTube theorists.

All too often I would see comments correcting me on Genders, Names, and other lore stuff in the old stories. Please refrain from that. I am 100% aware when something isn't accurate, and it's always intentional.

Also, if you read my old stories, I hope you end up surprised and enjoy the changes.

So, without further ado, Five Nights at Freddy's: Shadows of the Past