𝟎𝟖 | 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

"The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility... Together... The Deathly Hallows...... If united, will make the possessor master of Death."

Grimmauld Place

As soon as Rosabella arrived back at Grimmauld Place, she went up to her bedroom to get Medusa and Snuffles situated. She placed her baby niffler into a little bed and watched as he curled up into a small ball and fell asleep. The young witch then sat down on her bed and waited for her purple-eyed snake to slide down her arm.

"Stay here for a little while, I need to go downstairs and do some research." she hissed softly at her snake. She was planning on going down to the library to speak with Orion and look through some of the books detailing the responsibilities of a Lady from a prominent house, as well as information on Death.

Medusa raised her head, and tutted "It is dusty in here. I do not like it, not at all." she proclaimed snobbily as she looked over the room with a critical eye.

Rosbella rolled her eyes with a sigh, "I am well aware that the house is dusty, pretty one. We will be leaving in a week for Potter Castle. You can manage until then." Medusa huffed, but she didn't argue any further with her human. "Good. Now why don't you take a nap, hmm?" Rosabella sent her a small smile before slipping out of the room, and heading downstairs.

Walking down the stairs, Rosabella's thoughts were an absolute mess. She finally had the time to calm down and think, but the only thing that came to her mind was the words Mistress of Death written across her inheritance test. Now she couldn't help but think of the strange dream she had when she had 'died' and apparently met death. After a while she had truly convinced herself that it never happened, it was simply a dream, but now she wasn't so sure.

When she reached the library, Orion immediately perked up and gave her a small smile while beckoning her over to his portrait. When he caught sight of her slightly lost expression, his brow furrowed and he frowned slightly.

"What is the matter, granddaughter?" he asked worriedly, he knew that the inheritance test may have been overwhelming for her, but the look on her face concerned him greatly. She looked lost, trapped within her own mind.

Rosabella walks over toward Orion's portrait in a daze, and as soon as she was in front of the couch she promptly flops down with a heavy sigh. Covering her face with her hands she relaxes into the couch, trying to untense. The day had been a lot more draining than she thought it would be, and she still hadn't fully comprehended everything.

"Lyra?" A concerned voice broke Rosabella out of her thoughts, and her head snapped up to look at the portrait. Orion insisted on calling her Lyra, even though it was her middle name, he claimed that she was a Black and being named after a star was the proper name for the heir of the House of Black.

When Rosabella gave him a questioning look he sighed, face growing a bit more worried, as he said. "Are you alright dear?"

Slowly, Rosabella nodded trying to gather her thoughts together so that she could explain everything. "I'm... not exactly sure how I'm feeling Ori." seeing the raised eyebrow he was giving her, she elaborated. "The results of the test were a lot more than I was expecting. I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed."

Orion nodded before gesturing for her to continue, and so she did. She explained everything she had discovered during the tests, even the part about being Mistress of Death. By the time she had stopped talking, Orion had taken a seat on the chair in the corner of his portrait, thoroughly stunned.