Two -

Pax's POV:

Hearing dad, Louis, Liam, and Niall throughout the game, I held back tears. We won, my boys - as I called them-running onto the court and all crowding around me in excitement.

"This calls for celebration!" Dad exclaimed, sitting me on his broad shoulders.

"We're going to the mall," Louis added excitedly.

"We can go to Great American Cookie!" I beamed, feeling the sweat rolling down my back.

"I was thinking Sephora, but we can go there too," Louis laughed.

"I love going there when mom's home. Can we go dad? Can we? Please?"

"I'm not too sure about that, love. You're a little bit young for makeup."

"But dad, it makes me feel pretty and I wanna be a pretty girl." I had had too many kids at school call me manly to not make him take me so I could be pretty like my classmates.

"You're stunning, Pax. I promise," he smiled as I skeptically looked down at him. Leaving the gym, we headed straight toward the mall and it was almost like clock work. Everything got better when my dad or mom was home.

"I'm hungry, so let's get some food first and then the good stuff," I said excitedly, walking toward the Thai Fui booth and standing in line. The Mango Chicken was to die for. After getting everything I wanted to eat, I sat down between dad and Louis, opening my plate.

"Slow down, duckie. You're gonna get sick," Louis teased.

"Lee me lone," I mumbled through a mouthful of food. I scooted closer to dad, leaning my head on his shoulder as I chewed. I felt safe and secure just in his presence alone and I knew I'd never find a guy as good as he was. My stomach was finally full as we finished lunch and headed toward sephora, a cookie in my hand. I held dad's with my free one and felt giddy that he was actually home.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I get this lipstick?"

"How much is it?"

"Like thirty two dollars."

He let out a sigh, "Alright, but that's coming out of your birthday money."

"Can this count as a present I get for myself?" I beamed up at him, taking a bite of my cookie.

"You're a mess."

"I'm your mess and you love me and that's all that matters."

"Too right, love. Too right." I eventually got on his back, my legs too sore to carry me any longer. Walking into Sephora, my eyes widened and I smiled at the familiar shelves of perfume, makeup, and makeup brushes.

"I need some foundation," I said, jumping down from his back and walking toward where I remembered mom getting hers from.

"Which one are you going to get?" Louis asked excitedly as the four of them crowded around me.

"Mom was 140 and I'm a little paler than her so I think I'll go with 135." Smearing some on my face, it blended right in and I smiled excitedly.

"Is this really worth forty two dollars?" Dad chuckled.

"Dad, it is, I swear. Louis knows. He's made me up a few times while you were gone." He shot Louis a look before smiling and rolling his eyes.

"Alright, alright," he sighed, shaking his head. "The things I do for my little girl."

"Don't be like that. I don't really ask for stuff anyway. You and mom spend more money on y'all than on me."

"Louis, I told you she was sassy enough already."

"She takes after you too, Harry," Louis chuckled, giving me a high-five. After three sales associates hitting on dad and finding eyeshadow, perfume, and mascara, we'd finally walked away.

"The best $257 I've ever spent," I beamed, the familiar black bag finally full of my stuff. Hugging Louis, Liam, and Niall goodbye, I happily walked to Dad's car and he opened the passenger door for me. Turning on the air conditioner, he slowly pulled out of the parking spot and we were finally headed home.

"Dad?" I sighed, my eyes starting to sting.

"Hm?"

"I love you." It felt so good to tell him in person instead of on a screen. We laughed and played and lived so well together when he was home. He was the best dad on earth.

"I love you too, princess. It's good to be home," he smiled, ruffling my hair.

"How long before you leave again?" The one question I hated asking more than anything.

"Well, about that-" he started.

"Dad."

"I was faced with a decision to make and it was between spending 10 months out of the year traveling and training, or start up my own gym and be home every day." I was crying again.

"What did you chose?" I asked eagerly.

"We're gonna be able to play and laugh. Every. Single. Day. You're too important to me to leave you anymore," dad beamed as we pulled into the driveway. I sat in silence for a few moments before it really hit me what he was saying.

"Are you serious?!" I screamed, tears coming down my cheeks full force. It was like he'd just told me I was going to play on the Olympic Basketball team.

"As a heart attack."

"That's not funny." I got out of the car, running around to his side and flinging his door open. He picked me up, my arms clinging around his neck and my legs wrapping around his waist. I sobbed as he just held me there. They were good tears. Tears that hadn't been shed but whenever he or mom was home.

"I'm not gonna miss another moment with you, love. It's gonna be great," he smiled and kissed my forehead. I didn't want to let him go, but he eventually sat me down on my feet and we finally walked inside.

"Go lay down and get some rest. We'll leave around 4:30." I hugged him again before starting up the stairs.

"Dad?"

"Yeah, beautiful?"

"Will you come lay down with me? You know I can't sleep without someone."

"How'd you sleep at Uncle Louis'?"

"He stayed with me."

"Oh princess," he sighed. "C'mon." We walked up the stairs and into my room. I tossed my gym bag and shoes in the corner before sitting the Sephora bag on my dresser and climbing into my bed.

Dad put his arm around my shoulders and I cuddled into his side like I did every other time he was home. I'd actually slept with him since I could remember. It felt weird whenever he wasn't there but Louis, Liam and Niall were good substitutes. I wasn't sure why I slept better when someone was with me. His hand stroked the stray hairs out of my face and he slowly hummed before my eyes heavied and I fell alseep.