Chapter 6: My Excellent Resting Bitch Face

~~~ Sausage's POV~~~

Gem is terrifying.

Very terrifying.

I'm one of the best pirates in the Isles; the richest, hottest (Joey would argue but we all know its me), and most heroic pirate in all of the factions, and yet somehow the mere idea of being in closed quarters with Gemini giving her a tour made me want to jump overboard with Fwhip and Joey.

At least Fwhip would only punch me, not kick me in between my legs. That kick definitely broke something, I'm sure of it-

Those few hours were horrible. I had to take a thirty-minute break on my bed with the door locked to recover. Draping oneself on the bed and composing shitty poetry about your feelings can do wonders, you know-

Wow, I'm dramatic.

After emerging from my rooms, I found everyone sitting in the galley, the ship swaying easily to the rhythm of the waves. We were moving again, the wheel locked in so we'd stay on a straight path.

Or a gay one. You never know. Ships can be gay too!

Someone would have to go back up and adjust our drift to keep us on track in a few hours. Probably Xornoth, since they were the navigator.

Joey had changed into drier clothes, but Fwhip was still dripping wet, and he glared daggers at me as I entered.

Gem also looked annoyed, flipping a knife in her hands menacingly.

"Thank you so much for dragging me onto this ship without a change of clothes, oh great captain," Fwhip signed sarcastically, flinging his arms out for a moment before bringing them back together to continue signing. "What exactly am I supposed to change into now?"

Uh oh. "Uhh- you can have some of mine?" I signed feebly, backing away towards the door. Fwhip walked towards me, clearly not planning to let me escape.

"You're a good size larger than him, sis," Scott said from his seat by the wall, grinning. "I'd say Joey, but Joey would rather die than part with his precious clothes-"

"Actually, I'd rather kill you than give you my clothes," Joey corrected, not even looking up from where he was inspecting his nails. His black polish looked as good as ever, so he was probably just being dramatic.

I scowled menacingly at Joey. Or at least, tried to. I have an excellent resting bitch face, I swear-

"Are you okay?" Xornoth asked me. "Your face is acting weird."

"He's pouting, Xor, don't worry about it," Scott said, smirking when I shot a glare at him. "Sausage is dramatic. Very dramatic."

"Yeah, I can see that," Fwhip signed, still glaring. Unlike me, he looked prepared to commit murder and hide the body. Namely, my body.

"I'll lend you some of mine," I signed again, my back nearly to the wall. "I'm sure I have something that'll fit you- I brought almost my whole wardrobe with me."

Fwhip narrowed his eyes, but stopped, letting me walk out in front of him. I heard his clothes quietly dripping as he followed me back to my room, which had felt so spacious a few minutes ago but now looked much too small for both me and Fwhip to be in.

The door closed with a snick as I hurried to the dresser and started pulling clothes out, checking the size of the waists of the pants. Baggy shirts are fine, but baggy pants would fall right off Fwhip's slim figure.

"I think this should fit you," I said, mostly to myself, setting aside a small pile of things, the types of clothes I usually use for parties, which should be small enough to not fall off Fwhip.

Fwhip picked up the clothes with a frown. Putting them down, he signed, "Why are these all so... slutty?"

"They're the only ones small enough to fit you," I said, shrugging nonchalantly.

Fwhip didn't respond, but I could see the growing blush on his face as understanding dawned.

I coughed. "Yeah, so- anywayssss~"

Fwhip nodded, still bright red. He didn't move.

I stared at him. "Uh- are you going to change?"

Fwhip's blush somehow got more, and he signed furiously, "Not with you there!"

Oh shit-

Now I was the one blushing. "Right, right, I'll just be, uh, there?" I got up quickly, almost tripping over my own feet, and walked over to the wall, staring out the small window at the water.

I didn't know whether Fwhip replied, because I couldn't see his signs, but I heard rustling, and I very appropriately did not turn around.

A few moments passed, with me desperately ignoring my dirty-minded brain, and then I felt a tap on my shoulder. Figuring that was Fwhip's signal that he was done, I turned around, only to find the shorter man with his shirt half off, the delicate laces scattered on his shoulders. Signing with one hand, he said, "I can't tie them, they're too small-" and then after a moment to shove the fabric back up- "can you help?"

This was not what I was expecting to do on this trip.

I grabbed the small threads and began to untangle them, straightening out the long, lacy strips of fabric.

Fwhip stood very still, and I did my best to avoid touching him, but it was inevitable. My hands brushed his neck, and I stopped, startled.

His heartbeat was so fast, I wondered how his breathing was still steady.

I moved on with the lacing, looping it through the holes in the shirt and tying them shut, tugging to keep them proper.

Fixing the last few loops of thread in a necklace fashion, I stepped back hurriedly, releasing a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

We were both blushing now; I was the first to look away, fiddling with the last lace awkwardly.

Fwhip stepped away, signing a quick thank you as he slipped out the door and disappeared. I stayed, staring at the wall and trying to figure out when my crush had become so much more.

***

Digo note: Sorry this one is so short, it's for the romantic drama >:] 

A n y w a y s- thoughts on speeding/slowing down the plot? Lemme know :D