"I'm not hungry–"

"I don't wanna hear it! If you don't eat, you won't be able to focus on your studies or training!" In her eyes was a determination that was almost akin to their mother. It was eerie how similar the two women were in terms of caring for everyone. Your type of caring was more of a 'I don't care if you eat or not, but your death better not be on me'. Of course, Shoto knew you were too kind to actually feel that way.

"I'll have lunch later on–"

"Shoto, just eat your breakfast." She ordered and the poor 7-year old was forced to comply to his sister's commands. As he sat down at the dining table, he was yet again reminded of the loneliness that always seemed to accompany him.

Enji would always leave earlier than everyone, and hence would have his breakfast in his office. While Fuyumi would make breakfast for herself, Natsuo and Shoto later on in the morning when it was time for school.

Natsuo was no where to be seen, probably still getting ready. So it was just Shoto at the table, eating in silence. Fuyumi was still busy making the rest of the breakfast so even she couldn't join him, no matter how much she wanted to.

In the end, it was just like every other day ever since your death.

A day filled with nothing but loneliness.

Just as he was about to finish the last of his breakfast, Natsuo walked in alongside Fuyumi, who had just finished plating both their breakfasts.

"Oh, Shoto! You're here too?" The older boy started in an attempt to strick up a conversation with his younger brother. But it was in vain when he noticed how Shoto kept his head hung low the entire time, his gaze fixed on the food in front of him.

An awkward silence soon encased the siblings as Fuyumi cleared her throat and started next, "A-Anyways... It's already the 2nd of January... You're birthday's in almost 10 days... Is there something you want?"

She smiled, hoping that her brother would at least perk up at the mentioning of his birthday. But almost as if it had the opposite effect of what she wanted, Shoto's mood only worsened as the boy gripped his metal chopsticks so hard that his fingertips began to turn white.

"U-Uh... You don't have to tell us right away! But if there's anything in particular that you'd like to get... Maybe a new toy–"

"That man is only going to burn anything you get me, so don't bother." For the first time since Natsuo's arrival, Shoto spoke and that was also only meant to prevent his siblings from getting their hopes up.

It was pointless for them to celebrate his birthday anyways if his other half had already died.

There's no use of a birthday if only half of him continues to exist; if you... were no longer here to celebrate it with him.

————

"[Name], where are we going?"

A young Shoto spoke, who had just turned 5-years old that exact same day, as he gazed at you with confusion in his mismatched eyes.

You turned around to be greeted with his doe eyes looking so worried, now that you both were beginning to step foot outside of the Todoroki territory, "You know he's gonna get mad if I go out!"

"Who's gonna tell him?" You finally replied, turning your head around to check for any surveillance cameras that Enji might have placed.

Today was January 11.

Shoto and your birthday.

And while you didn't have the finances or the ability to actually go and get a good gift for Shoto, you had come up with a better, but far more dangerous plan.