21

"My, my... What are you doing here all by yourself, little lady?"

You didn't even waste a second in jumping away as far as you could from the source of the voice. Due to the shitty lighting around you, you didn't get to see the face, but you could tell that the voice belonged to a man.

It only made you narrow your eyes further.

Shit, is he related to All for One? Did he find you? Or is it some random perverted pedo?

Oh, well... Whoever it is, it can't be good.

"Who are you?" You made sure your voice was firm, even though you were sure no one was going to take you seriously with this child voice.

Oh well, his loss... literally.

"Who am I? Well, I don't think that's much of relevance, my dear. What matters is... who are you? And what are you doing... here?"

"What do you mean, here?" You could feel the smugness in the voice grow as it answered, "What I mean is, what are you doing in my territory."

You couldn't help but snort to yourself. But you didn't let him see through your image of a strong-front putting little girl, "It's not your territory! This is an alleyway, you don't own this!"

Is he a damn animal, that marked his territory?

"Quite the naive child you are, aren't you?" He mused, drawing out his words in almost a mocking accent. You could feel your annoyance building up, but you wouldn't get physical unless he didn't.

Suddenly, the man moved from the shadows.

Just his movement alone was enough to make you raise your guards, standing on high alert. You were ready to use your quirk at any moment, and you were also ready to punt this man to the ground if needed. You're not taking any chances, you have a brother waiting for you back home.

And then... slowly he came walking into the light.

The more the man walked into the light, the more you saw what he looked like.

Short, curly brown hair resting atop his head, along with brown eyes, pale skin and a tall, slim figure. He had a lazy smirk on his young face, and the man looked to be around in his early to mid-twenties. Just seeing the difference in age set you off the edge. This guy is much older than you, the difference is strength would be too great.

It would be better for you to rely on your quirk, if you have to fight him.

You watched him stride over. His gait and posture suggested that while he wasn't the most strongest in terms physique, but his consistent twiddling of his hands and fidgeting proved that he was agile.

"But this area is under my ruling. Everything that goes and happens in it is directly reported to me." He gave you a small grin, "And lately, I've been informed that you have been working in this area without my permission."

Working? You're not working shit. Does he... mean, stealing? That would explain why he's been focusing more on you rather than Touya.

He then directs his gaze elsewhere, acting as a snobbish rich man, "Of course, you're on such a small scale that it doesn't affect me in the slightest–"

Then why are you being such a little bi–

Nevermind...

"Then why are you so angry about it?" You made sure to act angry, but didn't let him see you as an actual threat. He only chuckled at your words.

"Because you stole from one of my clients, my box jumpers. And I don't know if you're aware, but even as a thief, I prioritize the trust I have with my beloved clients. But for them to feel unsafe in my stage because of some little lost birdie, I'm afraid that won't do."