News Flash | ONC 2024

—A Open Novella Contest entry—

Welcome to my novella entry for ONC 2024! Feel free to check out my other works and other amazing entries people will submit for ONC this year!

What is Open Novella Contest?

The goal is to write a 20k-40k novella in 3 months using one or more of the provided prompts from OpenNovellaContest's list of prompts.

Prompt(s) Used:

9. After some long months of working harder than ever, you finally get to your well-deserved vacation getaway, but when you arrive at the hotel, there is one star that brings all the paparazzi and trouble with them and makes your vacation one to remember.

85. "If you do that again, I'll throw you out that freaking window. What are you doing?"

"Checking how high the drop is to see if it's worth it."

Blurb:

William has been in the entertainment industry for as long as he can remember. A has-been child actor for small commercials to taking on ensemble roles in community theatre, William knows that his big break was never meant to be. Instead, he remains behind the scenes, assisting his old mentor's son and latest hotshot actor, Gavynn Withers. While the stress and paparazzi frenzy should be enough to steer him away, William can't help but push for Gavynn's success.

Being a celebrity is rough, but for Gavynn Withers, being the latest nepo baby to come under media fire has put a damper on his dreams of being an under-the-radar mediocre actor. But more than just being on the face of the tabloids, Gavynn just wanted to surprise his favorite personal assistant and long-time crush, William Hyland, with a long overdue vacation and possibly tag along for the ride.

Content/Trigger Warnings:

Discussions of mental health topics relating to societal pressures/norms, nepotism, violation of privacy, anxiety, hazing, stalking and harassing, etc.