I

They say that there is meaning behind every dream, he did not believe them. He believed that they are simply created by hidden desires and fears that sit inside in unconscious mind, being pulled out of their respective places to be made into weird combinations that are at times, dreamy, and a lot of times, eerie. A product of some chemical movements in people's brains when they sleep, much like when they daydream, except that they do not have much control in their sleep. Neither does he. Sometimes he wakes up feeling like he has not dreamed about anything at all, but sometimes the dream lingers and so vivid that he remembers after years and years since it first happened.

It came to me in dreams.

Divine decree, set in stone. A string of fate twisted around his wrist, connecting two souls that are his and the person of his dreams. He can feel it, the string sending a command to make his whole body throb with the need to return to where he truly belongs, by her side. The feeling is so strong that it always feels almost too real, yet when he wakes up every morning, strong emotions he feels when he slept the night before became one with the air he breathes, it is with him, with every take he takes, lingering but always feels absent. He thought nothing of it until the same dream over and over eventually stopped that he longs for them to return. He has made no action regarding it.

He remembers that one fateful day when he woke up with cold sweat all over his body, it gasped for air as if the dream had sucked the life out him. His chest ached as if something had made a void inside it, then it felt hollow, and there was a sudden urge to replace it with something. Or rather, someone. If searching for the one, his soulmate, was what it took to replace that hole inside his heart then he would do it in a beat. But why did he stop dreaming the same dream?

The thought of the worse case scenario haunted his mind, the only thing he wanted to do was to get up and look everywhere for her, and the last thing he wanted was that when he found her, she was already gone. He shivers at the thought. Yet, the ceased dreams filled him with anxiety and he feels guilty for not taking action sooner.

I need to find her now.