Spain Grand Prix

"Good morning

"Good morning."

"Good morning," Amelia greeted the engineers back.

"You're looking so glowing," said Hannah, Red Bull's strategist.

Amelia grinned as she put her bag down, "Really?"

Hannah raised her eyebrows with a smirk on her face, "Did you have sex?"

Amelia gasped, looking at Hannah with a shocked expression. Hannah laughed while scrolling through her tablet, where she got all the data for the engineering things.

"How did you know!?" Amelia whispered, shouting at her.

"The glow? The happiness? The swollen breast? Did you have sex the whole week or what?" Hannah said, looking at Amelia up and down.

Amelia covered her mouth in shock.

Just then, Max entered the paddock. As usual, he is wearing his Red Bull merch. Nothing else that he wears. Every single time. Red Bull's t-shirt.

"Good morning," Max greeted everyone in the paddock.

"Morning," the engineers greeted him back. 

"Looking good today, Max," said one of the engineers. 

Max laughed, "Always been that." 

"Good morning," Amelia mumbled.

Max looked at her before winking with a naughty smile on his lips. Amelia couldn't hide her smile and noticed Hannah looking at her with a smirk.

"Told you," Hannah said.

"Look. We're nothing. Just buddies," Amelia explained.

"You mean, fuck buddies?" Hannah said with a soft voice. Amelia cleared her throat loudly.

"You can say that," Amelia whispered.

"Good for you," Hannah smiled.

"I don't know," Amelia shook her head and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Hannah asked Amelia, putting down her tablet.

"I feel so guilty. This all doesn't feel right. Sleeping with drivers. This doesn't sound ethical at all," Amelia said to her. Hannah chuckled, looking at Amelia.

"You are in charge of yourself. If you feel that you don't want this anymore, you tell them. Lady, you want to have fun, you do you. Fuck what people say about you. You attract men and women. But just be careful when you get caught with feelings," Hannah said.

"That's what I'm scared of. Getting caught in feelings," Amelia told Hannah.

Hannah nodded, "I understand. That's why, you put a barrier. You can do whatever you want but just be careful. And do wear condom!"

Amelia chuckled softly and nodded, "That we do."

"Well, is this your first week having sex with someone? How does it feels like?" Hannah asked as they walked towards the pit wall. They passed through a lot of people, but they talked quietly.

Amelia shrugged, "Just a new experience."

"I know you have your traumas. I'm happy that you start to socialize again," Hannah said.

"Yes, that's one thing. I used to have traumas but I'm glad. Not anymore," Amelia replied. Hannah nodded.

"People are going to hate and say shitty things about us, women. Going slutty and fucking a lot of guys. And trust me, those who say shitty things and call women sluts are usually the guys who fuck a lot of girls too," Hannah said, sitting on the stool at the pit wall.

"Yup, I know that. I realize that too," Amelia nodded.

"And you do know that a lot of drivers are also like that, right?" Hannah said.

Amelia nodded with her eyebrows raised, "Definitely. I never thought it would be like that at first. And then I get to talk more. It's way worse."

Hannah chuckled, "Good luck to you. If you really wanna own them, you know what to do. You have everything they want. These are not men. They are all still boys. Still wanna play and having a family is not in their mind."

Amelia smiled thinly and nodded, "I get that."

----- DURING THE RACE -----

"Yellow flag, Amelia. Yellow flag."

"Noted," Amelia mumbled before slowing down her car.

"Safety car is out of the track," said her engineer.

At the same moment, the safety car went in front of Amelia. She lets the safety car do its job while maintaining a consistent speed. Max was behind her, and Carlos was behind Max. Everyone was in a line and maintaining the same speed.

"Who crashed?" Amelia asked.

"Gasly and Albon," her engineer answered.

"Bad?" Amelia asked again.

"Not really. But there is debris everywhere," the engineer replied.

"The rain's getting so bad," Amelia told him.

"Yes. And the team principals are in discussion if we should postpone, suspend until better weather or just cancel this race for this time," the engineer said.

Before they could complete one lap while the yellow flag was still flagged, all the drivers were informed that the race was suspended. The heavy rain created water puddles, resulting in a slippery race track. Amelia got into the pit lane, followed by the others behind her. She was soaked and feeling cold when she got out of the car.

"Amelia!" The engineers rushed to Amelia with two huge towels and an umbrella. 

"You guys didn't have to!" Amelia chuckled as she was wrapped with the towel to warm her up. The engineers just laugh. 

They rushed back to the paddock and Amelia changed into another suit because her original suit was already soaked. Max also changed into a dry suit. After changing, they sat together while waiting for an instruction. 

"Guys," Christian approached them. 

"We'll be pausing our race until the rain settles down," he told them. 

"How many hours would that take?" Amelia asked. 

"Minimum, 2 hours," Christian answered. 

"Wow," Max commented. 

"Yeah. So, you two just chill and relax," Christian said. 

While waiting for the rain to settle down, Amelia and Max played a deck of cards. Some drivers even joined them at the Red Bull paddock. Amelia got bored soon after and accidentally fell asleep next to Max. 

When she woke up, it was time to race. Definitely a good 1 hour sleep. The rain didnt' stop but at least the rain lessen down a little bit. But it was better. The drivers only need to be extra careful and use the tires that is suitable for wet track.