A Dinner & A Fear

"Hey, look who it is!" Checo exclaimed when he saw Amelia walking out to the open-air area

"Hey, look who it is!" Checo exclaimed when he saw Amelia walking out to the open-air area. The others also looked towards Amelia and greeted her.

"Hi, everyone," Amelia waved and smiled.

"Isn't this the woman who got P1 at the F1 Academy race this morning?" Said the engineers, teasing her.

Amelia laughed as she shook hands with the engineers.

"Thanks, you guys," Amelia said.

"Well, you're lucky we saved you a seat," said Jack, patting the empty seat beside him.

"Thanks," Amelia grinned.

"You went really fast in the corners. All of us were screaming when you nearly hit the wall," the engineers said. Amelia laughed as she sat in her seat.

"I saw the videos," she said.

"Of us screaming?" they asked her.

"Yeah, of course. It's all over the internet. It looks like you guys were watching horror movies," she snorted and shook her head.

"You did make a little scratch turning the corner, right?" Checo asked.

"Yeah, slight one," Amelia nodded.

"Food? Drinks? Order?" Leo asked Amelia.

She didn't realise a waiter was behind her, wanting to take orders.

"Oh, lamb biryani with lassi. Give me an extra cup of ice, please; thank you," Amelia said to the waiter.

"You've eaten here before?" Henry asked.

"Multiple times," Amelia shrugged.

"Where are you staying tonight? You're not staying at the hotel we're staying at, right?" Nolan asked.

Amelia nodded, "I'm at AirBnb. I found a cheaper one. Has a gym and a swimming pool. It's near to the market, and the shopping mall is just beside the apartment."

"Heard you're going back tomorrow?" they asked.

"Um, yeah. I'm going back with my parents. We have a family event, and I'll be heading to Jeddah the night after the family event," Amelia told them.

"Aren't you gonna be tired?" Checo asked.

"I'm not really sure. But I'll try to rest as much as possible," Amelia smiled thinly.

"Where's Max anyways?" Amelia asked.

"Ooh, searching for Max already?" the drivers teased her.

Amelia laughed, "He's the one we have to celebrate for getting P1, isn't it?"

"Well, he went to the restroom," they told her.

"Oh, okay," Amelia nodded.

"Was it competitive? The race," Jacob asked.

"Not really. I was relieved I got a P1 for the qualification. It made the whole thing easier," Amelia said.

"Well, true. Qualifying was the main thing, too," they said.

"So, Jeddah? Another championship?" Carlos asked.

Amelia smiled smugly, "Yeah. Why not?

"It's already in her hands. She just needs to pick it up," Jack said.

Amelia chuckled, "Well if I can, I will do it. That's the goal for everyone."

"Hey, Melia!"

Amelia rolled her eyes and shook her head upon hearing his voice and the name he used to call her. She turned towards him and watched as he approached their table.

"You're turning into Charles Leclerc himself. Calling me by a wrong name," she told him.

"Yeah, whatever. Congratulations on P1, woman," he said, sitting next to Checo.

"And congratulations on P1, Max Verstappen," she responded.

"P1 was so easy for you. It's like nothing to you. And I envy that you don't have to try," Max said.

"And I was surprised the car managed to finish all 87 laps," Amelia said.

"Oh yeah. I forgot that your car had trouble before," he replied.

Before Amelia could continue talking, her phone buzzed and rang. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was an unknown number.

"Excuse me," Amelia smiled as she stood up to answer the call.

She walked further from the table and picked up the call.

"Hi," Amelia greeted.

"Hello, Amelia," a man's voice greeted her. 

Amelia furrowed her eyebrows, "May I know who is this?" 

"You forgot about me already, huh?" the man said. 

She looked at the phone number on her screen before returning to the call. 

"Look, I'm busy, and I-"

"So busy? I'm literally looking at you right now, baby girl. It's been so long, baby girl," he said with a raspy voice. Amelia had a sudden flashback, recalling the voice. 

"W-Walter...?" Amelia muttered. 

"Finally," he said and chuckled cynically. 

"How did you get my number?" She asked him, looking around. 

"There's no need to find me. You'll never find me anyway. I will get my way to find you, babygirl," he said. 

"How did you get my number, Walter?!" Amelia asked him loudly. 

"Calm down, now babygirl. I have my way," he said. 

"You're supposed to be in jail!" she exclaimed. 

"Hm. Who doesn't want money, huh? It was so easy to get out," he replied. 

Amelia looked into the restaurant to see if anyone was on their phone. Probably that's Walter. Walter laughed. 

"No need to find me, baby. I'll find you later. See you later, babygirl." 

The phone call was then ended there. Amelia exhaled and looked at her phone worriedly. Walter was supposed to be in jail for another 7 years. Just 5 years in and he's already out? And he hasn't forget about a thing.