I looked down at her and kicked her right in the stomach with my bare foot. I put everything I had into the kick. I could feel the snapping of a rib or two as she howled in pain. It was not nearly satisfying enough.

I was over a shoulder and out the door before I could do anything else.

We stood there for a few minutes before my foot started throbbing. I couldn’t even bring myself to look over at him. I didn't understand how he could've kept something like this from me. Wasn't I important enough to him to deserve some kind of warning?

I fought from Mason's grip. Reluctantly, he let me go. I went out the back doors to the patio. I needed to think.

The mating bond was special, he told me, it was to be cherished and taken care of. But he had bedded this woman while she had a mate! I knew her goal was to make me mad at Mason, and I admit it worked, but he wasn't that man anymore.

I stood out on the back patio, waiting for Mason to come out. He wouldn't hide from me for long, he knew that I didn't appreciate being caught off guard.

"It's getting cold out," a deep voice came from behind me and it wasn't Mason. "Here's a blanket."

Before I could protest, the blanket was draped over my shoulders. I tossed the blanket off of me. I wouldn't take anything from Jamison. He should've worked something out with his mate so she would've grown out of the need to screw other men.

The only thing that kept me from snapping at him was the fact that he too was a victim. It wasn't his fault that his mate was a whore. I was sure that he didn't want her stepping out on him.

"Thanks," I muttered, folding the blanket back up, "but no thanks. I don't want to talk to anyone else but Mason right now."

He gave me a charming smile. "You should keep it on." It wasn't a suggestion. This man was ordering me to keep the blanket on. "Your mate wouldn't want you to catch something." He gasped dramatically. "Oh, that's right. You two aren't mated. Are you?"

I didn't appreciate the condescending tone he used while taking with me. His order meant nothing to me. I wasn't his pack and he didn't have the ability to tell me what to do. I was pretty sure that I could've taken him long enough to get Mason out here.

I held the blanket out for him to take, but he shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest. "You should keep it."

I tossed it to the floor, next to the door. "You can keep trying to give me orders, but I'm not going to listen to them."

His eyes narrowed on me just as the sliding glass door opened. He didn't have to look back to know who it was. Mason was mad. It came off of him in waves.

"You think you can come out here for revenge when she might feel a little vulnerable?" His voice was more of a growl.

He grabbed the back of Jamison's neck and pushed him into the house. "One word," Mason warned. When he was like this, no one really argued with him. The love of my life did have the ability to look like he just climbed right out of the deepest pit of hell.

When he looked back at me, his eyes were still golden and furious, but they softened when his gaze met mine.

"I'm not vulnerable," I snapped defensively. Mason nodded, like a good puppy. "I was handling him."

Mason's shoulders slumped as he tried to make himself smaller. He was awfully cute when he was guilty. "Can we talk about this inside? This pack is really nosey."

He held out his hand for me to take, and because I was cooling off, I took it. I was mad at him, but I would get over it.

When we got to our room, I could feel the sharp pain that shot through my foot and up my calf with each step I took. I sat on the bed and looked at it. My toe had swelled, making me wonder how I didn't notice it before.