1. "Teens Against Each Other"

Since Boruto showed up at the village after three years, Lord Eighth had ordered the investigation team to look for him even more.

Kawaki, who could always sense his chakra, came a lot in handy. Everyone appreciated him for finding the murderer of Lord Seventh.

But who knew the truth? Sarada, Sumire, Eida and Daemon. Daemon wouldn't help them find the cause, Eida was being fooled by Sarada and Sumire. While Sarada and Sumire alone couldn't do anything to find Boruto in this huge world.

Sarada had been aware of Sumire's feelings since they were kids. At some moments, she even pushed Sumire to confess her feelings, and cheered her up when she couldn't.

Sarada didn't realize when did her and Sumire become so close. Always staying together and finding a cause for all this chaos, trying to convince everyone about Boruto being the son of Naruto Uzumaki and Kawaki being the adopted one.

But it was all in vein. No one trusted them. Whenever Sarada tried to talk to Kawaki about it, he always bursted and told her to stay out of it. She couldn't.

How could she stay out of this? Was she supposed to not to do anything about the fact her best friend and father being declared as traitors? Whereas the fact was completely wrong?

No, that wasn't possible. She had to do something, and for that, she took Sumire as her partner.

The day she saw Boruto for the first time in three years, she felt a huge weight being lifted off her shoulders. She was relieved to see him alright. But there was one thing that ached her heart, one thing that felt like an arrow crossing her chest; Boruto had lost his grin.

At that moment, her brain gave her the flash of his grin, of his lame pranks and all. But she didn't have time to be in trauma. Her village was in danger, and she had to save it.

When Sumire told Sarada about Mr. Amado talking about everyone's memories being wiped, she couldn't believe it.

"Even when we show the pic of Uzumaki family with Boruto in it, no one believes it," Sarada declared.

"Because if you have something in your memory, you would believe only that, even if you're shown thousand proofs of you being wrong," Sumire explained.

But that wouldn't be it, right? Because Sasuke did believe Sarada. When she begged him to help Boruto, he didn't decline.

"But... Papa did-"

The voice that cutt her off sent chills down her spine. Her throat suddenly felt heavy. "Sasuke... nah... My master trusted me," Though three years had passed, his voice didn't change. The only difference was his tone had gotten heavier. "While doubting his memories, he risked his life... to save mine," The voice continued.

Sarada gathered the courage to look back, to meet the eyes that were bluer than the Seventh's. "For you... Sarada,"

Before Sarada could even think, her steps moved on her own. She ran up to Boruto and hugged him tight. So tight, it made her worry that she might break his ribs.

She held him close, scared of letting go again. The hot tears in her eyes threatening to fall, but oh, she wouldn't dare cry.

"You're late... baka Boruto," She was surprised when her voice didn't break. She didn't want it to. But with the several emotions running inside her, she was sure it would break.

Just after, she felt his arms around her waist, hugging her back. She tried to ignore the feeling welding up inside her stomach.

"Sorry... I'm home now," Sarada felt his arms tighten around her.